PDA

View Full Version : I'm so upset

Elaine
07-10-2008, 10:09 PM
I killed a poor cat this evening. Poor thing ran out infront of me on the duel carriageway. I couldnt stop because of the weather and traffic behind me, nor could I turn and go back and no where to pull in:cry: :cry: :cry:
Poor dear sweet kitty xxx I am so very sorry xxx

Moli
07-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Nothing you could do Elaine please do not beat yourself up....Just a very sad accident...Hugs to you....xx

smudgley
07-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Please try not to blame yourself. It was an accident that could not be avoided.

{hugs}

RIP kitty. x

Elaine
07-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I know and thankyou but I just cannt get the image out of my mind and how sick I feel when i think of hitting the poor creature.
Such a lovely looking cat, cannt stop thinking, if only I had left the area five minutes later or taken a different route...

dandysmom
07-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Must be every drivers nightmare. How terribly sad, Elaine, but there was absolutely nothing you could do; please don't beat yourself up...(((hugs)))

Mags
07-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Please don't blame yourself Elaine, all the elements were against you.....it was dark, bad weather and flowing traffic. It was an unfortunate accident that you couldn't avoid ........... ((((hugs)))) x

Tink
07-10-2008, 10:29 PM
a lose/lose situation that unfortunately comes up for many and there's nothing you could have done, please don't beat yourself up. i know it must have been horrible for you.

Kim
07-10-2008, 10:34 PM
I understand how you feel Elaine, but it was an accident. If you didn't hit the poor thing, I expect someone else would. I'm so very sorry. ((hugs))

kado
07-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Elaine it was not your fault. You can not blame yourself at all. Thinking of you now.

jane

Erin
08-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Hope your feeling a little better today chick,there was nothing you could have done,it was an awful accident ((((hugs))))

yola
08-10-2008, 08:35 AM
That's one of my greatest fears :( . Elaine, we can all understand how terrible you feel but it was a situation completely outside of your control - not your fault at all. However much you rationalise this though, the guilt will always be there, you just have to keep telling yourself there was nothing you could have done.

dinahsmum
08-10-2008, 09:05 AM
*Shudder* - my worst nightmare.
Hope you're feeling a bit better today Elaine. You and cars are not a happy match at the moment.

Is there any way you could get a poster, or notice in the local paper, or postcard in a post office or something, just to give the approximate time and place of the accident? I don't suppose you can even give a colour? However, if you can do something like that, and report to any cats homes etc to whom people migh turn, at least the owner may be put out of the misery of 'wondering'. It's blimmin awful news to hear, but at least they hear it and aren't worrying of the cat being trapped soemwhere, or injured and alone.

Chin up x

PoshPuss
08-10-2008, 09:12 AM
So sorry to hear this Elaine. :( but please, like the others said, don't beat up on yourself. It was a sad accident and the poor creature would not have known any different.
The circle of life, as they say.
If you have a way of letting the owner know it could be a comfort to you. Try ringing the local vets and letting them know. I think I would ask there if they knew of any accidents that had occured, if I was left wondering.

angieh
08-10-2008, 09:16 AM
I understand completely how you feel but there really was nothing you could have done. Nothing any of us can say will take away that sick feeling but you do have all our sympathies and so does the poor cat.

meep
08-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Oh Elaine I'm sorry to hear this :( Poor you, but really try and not to feel guilty. If it hadn't been your car, it may have been someone else's; it's not your fault at all. You did the right thing to keep driving, not slow down or turn around.

Once my mum was driving down the dual carriageway with a friend in passenger seat. This friend doesn't drive, never has. A dog runs out onto the road and my mum's friend grabs the wheel and tries to swerve away from the dog. My mum was absolutely terrified, she immediately pulled over into hard shoulder and shouted at the friend to get into the back seat. My mum is a huge animal lover, and like yourself, if possible would do anything to avoid hurting an animal, but she like yourself knows there's nothing you can do in that situation. Thankfully the friend onyl got the whell for a second and my mum kept control mainly, but the accident could have been much worse if not...

Sorry for that random tangent; I guess what I'm trying to say is you the did the best thing you could in a bad situation. I hope you feel better soon.

stitch_too
08-10-2008, 10:37 AM
*sends hugs*

HappyKatz
08-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Accidents happen - even ones like those...rest in peace kitty :smt049 ((hugs))

Kazz
08-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Elaine you can't blame yourself. It was purely an accident,

calismum
08-10-2008, 07:41 PM
You must be feeling awful, but as everyone has said - you can't blame yourself. It is something I live in dread of and cannot imagine how I would feel.

((((hugs))))

CM

Phoenix
08-10-2008, 08:18 PM
So sorry to hear about that elaine, it was just an accident. Sending calming and healing vibes to you.

Elaine
08-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Thankyou every one. I called the 2 vets in that area this morning and also called the CP to report it and gave a description, the cat was black and white, and the area where it took place.
Just feel a bit deflated at the moment but I'll be fine. Not having a very good run of things lately.

R.I.P. little kitty xxx