PDA

View Full Version : Help needed, worms and constipation?

Brigoose
07-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I wormed and flea'd one of my cats around 3/4 days ago(both products being natural ) around 2 days ago i found one worm on his tail. The next day he seemed a little quiet, but he is a VERY friendly laid back cat anyway. Last night he was not laying down in his usual VERY stretched out position:lol: and looked a little uncomfy, so i went over and straight away could see something was bothering him, i felt him all over and he growled, meowed and even hissed at one point:cry: at first i thought it was his leg that was bothering him, but he has been asleep all last night(except he woke up at around 5am like he normally does, he normally lets me know he needs the toilet and i let him out, but i got up to find he had been for a wee in the house:( something he has NEVER done) and day, he has gotten up to eat and drink a couple of times, his stomach has bloated right up tonight and i can see he is quite distressed. If he hasn't improved hes off to vets ASAP.

Im just hoping its nothing serious and wondered if anyone had any ideas on what it could be?
Im hoping and guessing that he has had a big parasite infestation and the products are shoving it all out at once...but he hasnt been for a number 2 yet..so im wondering if this is all it could be?

Mags
07-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Poor boy :( I think it may be best to get him checked over by the vet. Which products did you use to worm and de-flea him? The only products that really seem to work are the ones the vet prescribes. I've never tried any natural products though:?

Please keep us updated on his condition.........hope he feels better soon.

Brigoose
07-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks Mags,

I use 'Four seasons anti-parasitic' and 'Flea-away' from www.catsanddogs-online.com

The ingredients in the wormer are - hibicus, gentain root, ginger root, thyme, clove,natural salts

Flea- hibicus,quassia,ACV,lavender,tea-tree,eucalyptus and lemongrass.

They also both contain a hollistic anti parasitic aswell as the other stuff.
I have strong beliefs about the use of chemicals so dread going to the vets as i can not find a natural vet in the surrounding area.
Fingerscrossed there is a wormy poo in the morning

Brigoose
07-10-2008, 09:18 PM
I know for humans that sticking a clove of garlic up your backpassage works...but i do not know enough to do this on a one year old cat! :shock:

Mags
07-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I fully understand your concerns so I really hope he can clear his system overnight for you..:)

Mags
07-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I know for humans that sticking a clove of garlic up your backpassage works...but i do not know enough to do this on a one year old cat! :shock:
I don't think I'd like to try that on Cassie....she certainly wouldn't be very pleased with me! :lol:

Moli
07-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Does sound like a worm problem...I always use Drontal.....never tried natural wormers....

Brigoose
08-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Update: Hes doing much better this morning, i woke up to find he had done a very large SMELLY dry no.2 in sox's litter tray(no worms though like suspected:? ), his stomach has gone down alot but still a little bloated, he jumped on my knee and had a cuddle this morning, then he came outside with me. Hes still a little grumbly, i guess i'm just going to keep a close eye on him for now

Brigoose
08-10-2008, 11:37 AM
This is the first time i have used them, curious as to how well they are going to work.
But, id rather use products with no side-effects and if i can avoid using chemicals i will do.

fancyabrew
08-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I must say I’ve got a bit of a problem with the “if it’s natural” then it must be better for you than “chemicals”. Just because something is natural doesn’t mean to say it’s any better for you or safer than chemicals.

angieh
08-10-2008, 01:54 PM
I think I'm with fancyabrew on this one - after all belladonna and hemlock are "natural" but we wouldn't give that to our lovely friends would we??

Having said that, I do hope your cat is better - worms are horrible things and I would be inclined to get some veterinary advise. For a while, the vet I used was a homeopathic vet, but they did use conventional medicine when appropriate.

fancyabrew
08-10-2008, 02:05 PM
People do fall in to this trap all the time. This is one of the reasons the government wanted a crack down on products sold in health food shops, some of which can be very dangerous, and none of which have to undergo any licensing, unlike prescribed drugs.

Brigoose
10-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh yes i agree! But i do research things before i use them and 9x10 natural is safer than chemical, obviously common sense is a must when using natural things still!

Brigoose
10-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Just found out that it is not worms!! im posting another thread though as i feel its more appropriate