PDA

View Full Version : Tolly's eventful morning

cats' staff
07-10-2008, 08:16 PM
After much complaining that we wouldn't let him out straightaway because it was dark, Tolly was finally through the cat door at speed! I then watched him through the bathroom window (supposedly getting ready for work...)
First of all he hid amongst the iris clunp watching a cock pheasant which he then chased. The daft bird took a few minutes to remember he could fly so Tolly nearly had his tail feathers. As pheasant number one took off, number two strolled into the garden to be chased in turn. Tolly, and pheasant no 2, both hopped over the garden fence. 30 seconds later I heard a great commotion and saw Tolly hurdling the fence back over 'encouraged' by next door's poodle. He came through the cat door so fast it nearly came off its hinges. When I got downstairs he glared at me haughtily as if to say 'what!?!' the only thing giving him away was the state of his tail- bottlebrush- as he tried to pretend nothing had happened.

And I wonder why he spends so much time snoozing and why I am so often late for work......

angieh
07-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Great story cats' staff! I could see all that in my mind's video.

Moli
07-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Poor boy, that did not do his street cred any good.....

dandysmom
07-10-2008, 10:12 PM
What a hilarious and well-told story!! I can just see it! And pheasants are fair sized birds, Tolly might have gotten a good pecking had he caught one!