PDA

View Full Version : Cat Help

kcjack
07-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I am hoping to pick up my cat on Thursday or Saturday.
She was going to be a breeder but has a undershot jaw so I said I will take her wasnt overly keen on a kitten anyway.

She has lived in a cattery so assume she going to be an indoor cat.

What foods best?

Whats best for bringing her into house?

Best way to introduce dogs?

Do I keep her just in my bedroom for while?

Whats toys?

What cat litter?

Thanks guys ;)

candyshandy
07-10-2008, 06:14 PM
How exciting!!!

You should ask the breeder what she has been feeding her and then if you wish you can gradually transfer her onto a different food, same with the litter.

RE the dog - I'm sorry no experience with this.

She may prefer one room to get used to to start with and for the time being I would just get a couple of catnip mice and balls.

What breed is she?

Edited to add: Oops just seen her on another thread. :oops:

candyshandy
07-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Sorry I meant to say I personally feed mine a mix of Royal Canin Persian and Hair and Skin biscuits. My new kitten is also on Applaws wet food and Foofoo is on Gourmet Pearls wet food.

dandysmom
07-10-2008, 08:19 PM
I agree: same food and litter that she's used to to begin with. You can gradually change them later if you wish. No experience at all with dogs, sorry.
I personally believe a cat is healthier and safer as an indoor cat; however that's a personal decision that not everyone here would agree with ...up to you. As to toys, she'll get a lot of fun with simple things like an empty box, paper grocery bag, scrunched up ball of foil, etc. Do you know if she was played with much at the breeders?

kcjack
07-10-2008, 09:23 PM
I think she has always lived in the cattery at the breeders she is 2.
Breeer said she on Royal Canin Queens.
Will e-mail about cat litter.
Do I leave her to come to me or try and stroke her as she is quite timid.

dandysmom
07-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Let her come to you. You can sit quietly in the room with her and talk in a gentle voice; don't rush her, as this is all new and strange to her. If she lived in the cattery she may not be too experienced at meeting different people, and certainly not to the freedom she'll have with you now. That's why I asked about playing...it's possible she may not have been played with ..she might not be sure what to do with a ball or catnip mice. Few cats can resist something like a long dangly shoestring...bless her, hope she settles in soon!