PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know?

lilacpoint
06-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Hello,

Three years ago I lost my retrievers [aged 12 and 13yrs]. After six months I could bear it no more and became a foster carer to the ESS. Once the word got out, I was offered many spaniels. I chose to accept two impossible cases to rehome. [They have now been with me over two years and are really settled happy dogs.]

Six months later, my boy cat died leaving my girl very distressed and lonely. He was 14yrs. I applied to the Siamese rescue in London. I took on a 15yr Choc Pt Siamese [Khan]who melted my heart. His mistress had died 2/12 previously of breast cancer. My daughter loved him too and we chose to get a Choc Pt Siamese kitten now 18mths old[Angus]. Sadly, Khan was very ill and he was only with us for eight months. I went back to the Rescue in London and we took on another Choc Pt Siamese [Cappacino] who died earlier this year aged 14yrs. Cybil, my girl cat, had been very ill and sadly had to be put to sleep last week aged 16yrs. My vet told me that my animals live so TLC.

As you can probably imagine, Angus feels very bereft. He has never been on his own and at one point was surrounded by three older cats, two of them being Siamese.

I have spoken with the welfare officers in London and Sussex trying to find another siamese. There are differing views about whether there should be a female or male.

But, all I know is what Angus needs is a new young friend. My vet states I need a new partnership as losing Cybil has been tough......very tough indeed. I would love a lilac point or cinnamon tortie, or blue point : male or female : and definately under the age of six years and over six months. Angus has been neutured.

Do you know of any siamese who is looking for a new mistress and a new friend to play with?

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Lily

angieh
06-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Hello Lilacpoint. You have done sterling work with your foster cats and dogs. Poor you and Angus being without friends after so long. With your good record of rehoming, I am sure that it won't be long before something turns up. I do hope so.

yola
06-10-2008, 02:10 PM
We have a siamese breeder here, Fran. I think Charliebubs might also breed her siamese (sorry - bit of an airhead answer). May I suggest you PM them directly? You can find their details in the members list.

Good luck in your search for the perfect friend for Angus. It sounds like you are taking great care in ensuring your pets don't suffer loneliness or distress . . . which is brilliant.

Kazz
06-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I was going to suggest contacting siamese rescue....or maybe CP in your area as sometimes siamese come up occasionaly too.

Your cats sounds very lucky. Welcome to the board by the way,

lilacpoint
06-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Thank you for your kind comments. Angus is understandably suffering feeling quite lost. He has never been a cuddly cat but now looks for cuddles. He is off his food although does occasionally give into a morsel of ham. Does not spend long out in the garden either preferring to sit on the radiator heater or on the 15yr old spaniel's blanket next to him.
Not much I can say to reassure him except lots of cuddles when he asks.
Thankfully, my office is at home where I do admin and only go out to run my clinics or attend meetings with other professionals, or the school run.

Lily