PDA

View Full Version : Helicobactor Pylori

Elaine
03-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Any one know anything about this bug? I am looking for natural remedies, hopefully.:?

Erin
03-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Any one know anything about this bug? I am looking for natural remedies, hopefully.:?

A girl I used to work with at Lea Castle had this,I think she had it treated with some strong antibiotics, not sure of any natural remedies,is it for you mate? Hope your ok xxx

Moli
03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicobacter_pylori
Any help??

Mags
03-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Found this Elaine, not sure if it will be any help.......

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Use-Natural-Remedies-for-Ulcers-Caused-by-Helicobacter-Pylori&id=21232

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/h_pylori.html

dinahsmum
04-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Elaine - if it's for you or yours I think I'd suggest going the new medicine route and using the antibiotic. Stomach ulcers and this bug go together like left and right, and taking the antibiotic just sorts the ulcer - no surgery, no follow up drugs, no pain.
But that's just my opinion. Remember that I am very doctor-sceptic, but there are times when they are useful .....

Elaine
04-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Thankyou for all your replies.
I am asking on behalf of Graham, he has suffered with this for years now, he has no ulcer and has had the camera down his throat, very strong anti biotics etc etc, nothing seems to clear this problem fully.
Yesterday I met a friend and her husband has just been diagnosed with this also and has been told that it is very very difficult to clear up this bug even with the antibiotics.
So I am looking into things like diet, suppliments and herbal remedies.
No harm in trying coz these guys are really suffering in agony.

Mags
04-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Another link for you Elaine...............

http://www.elixirhealth.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=764

Elaine
04-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanx Mags, have been reading alot about mastic gum, no harm in trying it is there?

dinahsmum
04-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Poor Graham
have you looked into manuka honey?

and how are you? Have you completely gotten over the bump?

Elaine
04-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Manuka honey? Will look into that also, Graham likes honey, we are also looking into liquorice, he likes that too.
I used to make him take the slippery elm bark that i gave to Winston but he always held such a carry on about it being disgusting, even in capsule form:roll:
I am ok, still a little nervous when driving and aproaching roundabouts but I'll get over that. Neck has been a little stiff but it was before the accident aswell. Have a bit of tummy pain today but I think its all the talk of H-pylori:lol:
I am such a hyocondriac at times:-D

dinahsmum
04-10-2008, 02:36 PM
I think we hypochondriac tendencies at times - just start talking or thinking about head lice or fleas and see how quickly you start scratching!

Manuka ia a sort of wonder cure isn't it? Good for small wounds and skin problems - just spread it on! - and apparently for internal probs too. I thinkthe bees collect from the manuka tree in NZ(?) (maybe Aus, maybe both) which is related (or even possibly the same) as the tea tree from which the oil is distilled. And we know that is anti bactericidal etc.

angieh
04-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Poor Graham - I do hope you manage to find something that will help him Elaine.

Tink
04-10-2008, 10:29 PM
there has been an outbreak of this with ferrets in the U.S. (ferrets can catch many human illnesses like the common flu, one of the few animals that do this).
i know i'm talking about ferrets but apparently veterinarians around here have been treating with antibiotics and pepto bismol type remedies. probably not the most natural thing but thought i'd mention it.

Elaine
05-10-2008, 09:08 AM
there has been an outbreak of this with ferrets in the U.S. (ferrets can catch many human illnesses like the common flu, one of the few animals that do this).
i know i'm talking about ferrets but apparently veterinarians around here have been treating with antibiotics and pepto bismol type remedies. probably not the most natural thing but thought i'd mention it.

Thats what the doctors here use too but it has had little effect on completely combatting the bug and so it re-occocurrs. Which is why I am looking into other things as a long term use of AB's cannt be good either.