PDA

View Full Version : Angel and Buscuit

kado
03-10-2008, 11:33 AM
They are getting along fine now i have seperated them. They both use a litter tray which i find much easier. Both have had there vaccines as well. My son is also getting two female guinea pigs tomorrow. He is responsible and has looked up what they need from day to day. He couldnt have any pets when he lived with his dad as he doesnt like animals but he has come to live with us now and he can. The landlord is going to empty the garage out so we can keep them in there over winter. There is lights and it is very secure as well. I promise i will post picture once i find my camera charger lead. I havent seen it since we moved in june.

jane

farthing
03-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Glad to hear the buns are settled and vaccinated, we've had another bun in today with myxi- not a good sign.
I love guinea pigs, and think they are great pets, I just love the noises they make, apparently they make 14 or 16, can't say I been able to determine that may though.:D

kado
04-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Got the guinnea pigs today. I think they are both boys the pet shop checked i agree with them. Should i get them neutered if so when i dont want any squabbles. My son read up on them alot and he said they can eat cucumber is that true. Oh and he called them Wolf and Warrior i thinkhe got the names from gladiators. My other half has just walked by and said we have a farm in our garden now.

jane

farthing
07-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi Jane,
If your guinea pigs are boys, there can be problems with aggression, although my cousin has 2 boys and they seem to get on well together, she also had another 2 who eventually fell out. I've got one boy, neutered, and he is living with 2 girls quite happily.
I don't know how old they need to be before neutering, Bear was 2 years old when I got him and I had him done then. I think guinea pig neuters are a bit more tricky as there is a ligament that the vet has to avoid damaging, and obviously there is a higher risk with the aneasthetic. Don't starve them before an op if you decide to got for it, they are like rabbits, in that they can't be sick and need to eat continually. There a a few good guinea pig forums out there, or speak to you vet for advise, although lots of vets aren't to aware of small animals in general!
I love guineas, I hope your son enjoys them!

kado
07-10-2008, 11:00 PM
I am 90% sure that they are boys. Its my sons birthday on the 24th and he is getting a double hutch on thursday. He dotes on his animals he cleans them all out when they need it and feeds them at the correct time and ask for advice when he doesnt understand something. Would i be able to introduce another piggy (girl)to each of them if they decided to fight which i hope doesnt happen easly.

jane

farthing
07-10-2008, 11:20 PM
If they were neutered and then given a girl each, I'm sure they would be very happy pigs. However I think the chance of them fighting is reduced if they are neutered.
Well done to your son, its good to know there are kids out there who are learning to look after animals and respect them, you hear so many sad stories these days.

kado
08-10-2008, 05:04 PM
My son is like me he loves any animal his name is Richard and he will be 19 on the 24th. Loved what you said about him thank you. What size cage should i get for 2 of them.

jane