PDA

View Full Version : the accidental bath :-)

Tink
02-10-2008, 12:53 AM
so yesterday i woke up and stumbled to the boys room to let them out first thing.
my boyfriend decided the day before to rearrange the aquariums (our living room is full of reptiles and fish enclosures).
one of the tanks about a foot and a half high was left on the floor no lid with about two inches of pond water in it...
i sat down with my coffee in front of it and thought "no big deal, i'm here watching, i'll lock em in the bedroom when i take a shower..".
baby bear reached up and could not jump to it (his big butt is not as agile as monkey..LOL). monkey jumped up and was balancing on all four feet on the edge. keep in mind i was sitting less than five feet away..
so i bolt over and try to grab his little butt and he decides to leap rather than have mom keep him from some exploring.
i swear it was only like a second he was in there but man, he swam like a snake! and got pond goo all over him..of course i snatched him up and he jumped outta my hands and ran to the nearest garbage can, knocked it over, and starts rolling in the garbage..LOL!
at this point i am cracking up trying to catch him so i can wash him off in the tub. FINALLY got him and he was NOT pleased that he was now getting BATHED with nice smelling stuff.
all of this in my pajamas, hair like a ratnest, and not even a sip of my coffee yet.
this kid keeps me on my toes... :)

dandysmom
02-10-2008, 02:38 AM
OMG, Tink, that is so funny! I can just see it; great description; interesting way to start the day..... :-D