PDA

View Full Version : what would you look for in a pet homesitter/dog walker - your home or their home?

Elvisisboss
01-10-2008, 11:33 PM
what would you look for in a pet homesitter/dog walker your home or their home?

for cats & dogs!

what would you look for?

what questions would you ask?

e.g. have they got liablity insurance? safe garden? do they come to your house or do you drop the dogs off at their house? do they have other animals? would you want them to have other animals? prices? (does anyone know the averages prices?) do they have any any animal certificates?

what would you expect them to ask you? e.g. are your cats/dogs ok with other animals? do they need walking? any medication? what do they eat? how long to walk them for?
how many days a week would they come to you?

thanks just doing a bit of research for the future!

(erm why has the question been edited? this isnt about kennels its about everyday pet/home sitters?)

angieh
02-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Sorry this is a bit vague, as it was a longish while ago and I am trying to remember how things went!

I have only ever used a pet sitter once when we were going away and my friend who used to kindly pop in and feed my cats and chickens was not available.

I found her advert at the vet and phoned to make an appointment to meet. She was at ease and happy with both the cats and the chickens and they all seemed happy to go to her. We arranged that she would come in twice a day and I think it was for either six days or a week. She lived about 6 miles away, so there was travel considerations too. I think we paid her £70 and all went well - all animals happy on return. We have not had to use a pet sitter since but had no complaints about this particular woman.

Not sure if that helps you at all Elvisisboss!

Elvisisboss
02-10-2008, 01:22 PM
hyia lol thanks yes it does!!

think i worded it all wrong but there we go!! lol think i know what im looking for! :D

Elaine
02-10-2008, 05:56 PM
When i visit a new client I always take my insurance, disclosure and refferences with me. I talk to the owners about my experiences, my fee and any particular requirements.