PDA

View Full Version : im such a bad mummy :(

CathyW
29-09-2008, 04:19 PM
went to give the boys their brekky they where busy doing their starving hungry act. u know the one. havnt eaten for a month act.
and opps no pouches left. but they had a big bowl of dried food. so its not that they went without. so went shopping bought them some new whiskers pouches. looked tasty. and even b4 i had a cuppa i put some food down for them.dont mind i hadnt eaten LOL
they polished that off quickly.
but what a bad mum i was. i didnt drag myself over to asdas when i was totally wornout and achey.
sorry boys.

PoshPuss
29-09-2008, 04:31 PM
:-D I know they guilt trip you terribly, don't they :roll:
Canned tuna is a godsend for that emergency moment!

dandysmom
29-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Those two have the "poor starving little cat" act down very well, don't they? It always amuses me how a large, plump well fed cat can manage to put on that reproachful, hungry haven't-been-fed-in-ages face ......

kado
29-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Mine are all the same. They look at you with there eyes and you then are putty in there paws. If we go to asda and come back with bags and there isnt anything in it for kado, he loves the best turkey at the moment he sulks all day.

jane

Phoenix
29-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Beauty manages that starving hungry need to be fed now face! She's got it down to a fine art! (well, nearly!)

CathyW
29-09-2008, 08:39 PM
how ronnie can say hes starved its beyond me. he has 3 chins LOL a right tubby little salad dodger. and reggies always in the kitchen begging for titbits.i remember when reggie stole my cheese sandwhich :)

dandysmom
29-09-2008, 09:16 PM
]how ronnie can say hes starved its beyond me.[/b] he has 3 chins LOL a right tubby little salad dodger. and reggies always in the kitchen begging for titbits.i remember when reggie stole my cheese sandwhich :)

The lie very well, don't they? :-D

My Siamese was stealing a whole broiled trout from my dinner plate one time when I went to answer the door.....but I rescued it just in time! :shock:

calismum
29-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Alfie can't contain himself if i'm preparing salmon. He has been known to jump from the floor onto my back (ouch) just to remind me he is starving and needs fed now!!!!!!!!!

CM

Moli
29-09-2008, 10:04 PM
My prev ious Siamese....Sam, pinched a chop out of a pan!!!then the dog pinched it from him!!:roll: :lol:

dandysmom
29-09-2008, 10:12 PM
SuLing (the Siamese) also stole a package of cooked shrimp that I'd left on the kitchen table while I went upstairs after work to change clothes....dragged it down to the basement, ripped it open and ate the whole thing!!

calismum
29-09-2008, 10:24 PM
mmm. Perhaps I should rethink my lifelong wish for having a Siamese!!

What fun, and cheek our cats are.

CM

CathyW
29-09-2008, 10:43 PM
think ive told u b4. but when i was young, our neighbour had 2 cats, and so did we. and all 4 cats got on well. chased about , one day we heard shouting from the neighbours. and all 4 of the cats had stolen a cooked chicken off the side. and they demolished the lot. we had the neighbours over for dinner that day.
1 of her cats was a burmese. boy was he a yolwer.

dandysmom
29-09-2008, 10:50 PM
mmm. Perhaps I should rethink my lifelong wish for having a Siamese!!

What fun, and cheek our cats are.

CM

Not just Siamese, CM! Both my Aby and my Pura boys each grabbed a half of a roast chicken from the bottom shelf of the fridge (different occasions) while I had the door open, and hightailed it into the dining room intending to have a feast...with me in hot pursuit yelling "Stop that!!!" Once again, rescued in time with no damage...:-D

calismum
29-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Not just Siamese, CM! Both my Aby and my Pura boys each grabbed a half of a roast chicken from the bottom shelf of the fridge (different occasions) while I had the door open, and hightailed it into the dining room intending to have a feast...with me in hot pursuit yelling "Stop that!!!" Once again, rescued in time with no damage...:-D

:lol: I'm quite lucky then that Alfie just yowls in my ear and doesn't actually try to steal the salmon.

CM

dandysmom
29-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Count your blessings! But if you were to step away from the counter for a few minutes... :shock: :-D

meep
30-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Cats are the best at making us feel guitly for not thinking of their needs and desires 24 / 7 :roll: I've done the same myself, and have some back-up 'Tesco's own' cat food which I bought them and they don't like. If I run out of their Felix I give them that, they sniff it, lick their nose and crinkle their eyes in disgust, wander off, then every time I open the fridge come running through like two kids on Christmas morning hoping for something better.

Every morning, when my alarm goes off, Minksy jumps on the bed and head butts me, then as I get up and wander through, he runs ahead in front of me, but whilst constantly looking up and behind at me, so he zig-zags and wavers the whole way to his food bowl. He's so excitd about getting fed he looks at me with his big 'starving' eyes, but can't see where he's going :lol: Crazy cats.