PDA

View Full Version : Moggies or Pedigrees?

Phoenix
28-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm putting this here because although I don't think it will get to shouting and screaming at each other (I hope not!!!) it is still a debate of sorts.

Which do you think there's more of? Pedigrees or moggies? I'd say moggies because I don't think a queen cat when she's in season will really care what breed of cat she's mating with.

dandysmom
28-09-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm assuming it would be moggies. GCCF, TIKA, CFA have thousands of pedigrees on register, but there must be millions of moggies around the world. Or did you mean UK/US? Still think it's moggies.

Elvisisboss
29-09-2008, 04:13 AM
i think it is moggies aswell!

angieh
29-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I'd go for moggies too! You should see the "prides" of moggies that hang out at tourist sites around the world - begging for scraps etc. I personally came across a big colony at Siracusa on Sicily.

calismum
29-09-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm sure it must be moggies. Tried a gogle on cat populations but couldn't get anything specific.

CM

meep
30-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Moggies. I think that pedigrees are only bred in captivity, as pets. I very much doubt there's a pedigree siamese wandering around out there, let alone two that just so happen to mate together. Of all the homeless cats wandering around out there, 99.9% must be moggies and they breed a lot more than pedigrees!

lizziejayne66
22-01-2010, 04:24 PM
well ive had both.i have pedigrees at the moment, i have got predigrees from rescue shelters too its not all moggies at shelters
pedigrees can cost more and i cannot let them roam free, where as moggiesyou can. difficult