PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Radio rebranding

yola
28-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Iv'e always been a fan of Virgin Radio, despite the fact they've gone a bit 'pop' of late. They have been carrying out a transition recently; rebranding to Absolute Radio. It kicks off for real tomorrow (Monday).

If you hate inane chat and like good old rock and new wave/punk and generally good stuff from the last 40 years then this is the station for you! Plus they play the full versions of loads of brilliant stuff (Led Zep, Pink Floyd etc) So for a break from tranquil Classic FM and informative Radio4, Absolute is one that I'm going to be listening to a lot over the next few weeks :D

dandysmom
28-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Interesting how good old rock seems to be making a bit of a comeback, Yola. Our oldies station changed format several years ago, so was reduced to having the classical FM station on. But a new station opened here this Summer with strictly golden oldies....great to have it back! Songs you know every word to and can sing along with....

pinklizzy
28-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Thats what I really miss about living in London! I used to listen to the radio all the time but here all we can get is radio 1 (which is a bit fuzzy),radio 4 or Welsh language radio; which I listen to sometimes but tend to get a bit lost!

PoshPuss
29-09-2008, 10:12 AM
I tend to watch TV more than listen to the radio but the tuner is set for radio 2, it plays the right sort of music for me but the chatting gets on me nerves! :-/

calismum
29-09-2008, 11:08 AM
- sounds like my idea of great music. Will try and get the radio to tune in. If not can always access thru Sky or PC.

CM

yola
29-09-2008, 11:44 AM
I only really listen to it via the PC or in the car. They've also said that they are cutting down on the ads too which has to be good :D

calismum
29-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I only really listen to it via the PC or in the car. They've also said that they are cutting down on the ads too which has to be good :D

That's even better!!

CM:lol: