PDA

View Full Version : Troy and Chester are getting neutered

kado
25-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Ive booked them in for next wednesday morning. What should i expect as Simon was an emergency one and he stayed in the vets for 4 days later i just cant remember. I also am going too get them chipped at the same time.

jane

Moli
25-09-2008, 11:39 AM
My boys had no after effects at all, they came home, bit groggy, but stilllooking for food!!!Sure they will be ok...I know you will worry, we all do!

kado
25-09-2008, 11:46 AM
My girls will be upset as they are totally devoted too them. My eldest daughter calls says that they are going to be minted why i dont know.

jane

calismum
26-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I've had four males neutered and apart from being a bit quiet when they came home they were all fine. No problems at all and after two days were back to normal.

The vet told me on one occassion that the cat probably wouldn't feel much like eating.

Sid came home, straight to the kitchen and demanded to be fed - all the food he had missed from being starved the night before! He was not overly impressed with the small light meal he was given.

I'm sure they will both be fine and milk it for every bit of sympathy they can get from you. And, even although you know they are doing it, you'll play the game.

CM

PoshPuss
26-09-2008, 01:38 PM
You are doing a good and sensible thing Kado. Sure your boys will be right as rain after the op. A little treat for them will be purrfectly acceptable :D

dandysmom
26-09-2008, 04:52 PM
My boys had no aftereffects at all other than being a bit quieter than normal; ate OK and were themselves again the next day. It's much simpler for the boys. Troy and Chester should be just fine; try not to worry. although of course we do!

kado
26-09-2008, 09:07 PM
My eldest daughter is worring a bit as her friends cat was lost when he had it done. He didnt make it though the aniestic. All my others have been done and especially after PI a friends cat that went missing and because he wasnt neutered and he wandered and sadly he was killed while in my charge.

jane

dandysmom
26-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Jane, do try not to worry; death under anaesthesia can happen, but it is very, very rare. Don't know the statistics, maybe Pinklizzy might if she reads this. There are hundreds of male cats here on Catsey who've had the snip with no problems whatsoever; death in a RTA is much more likely!

random
26-09-2008, 09:33 PM
All of my cats have been absolutely fine, especially the boys, the girls seemed quite for a few days, the boys are back to normal the next day!

random
26-09-2008, 09:33 PM
That reminds me, Anakin is next for the chop.

dandysmom
26-09-2008, 09:39 PM
That reminds me, Anakin is next for the chop.

How is he, Random? Been a while since pics .......:-D

cats' staff
26-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Tolly was absolutely fine apart from grooming himself 'down there' and looking up with a puzzled expression as if to say 'wasn't there something there?'.
Problems with aenesthetic (sorry can't spell it) are rare with boys as it really is a very minor op and they are asleep for a very short time. It is fairly minor with girls but even better for boys and they are far less likely to roam afterwards and much less likely to be injured in fights.

Mind you, it didn't stop me feeling HORRIBLE driving a yowling Tolly to the vet but it is SO the right thing to do both for your cats and any one locally with a female who isn't enlightened enough to have their females neutered.

Take a deep breath, buy some prawns and spoil them rotten. Feel proud of yourself for caring so much that you have organised this for them and other cats and fuss them totally on their return.

angieh
27-09-2008, 11:32 PM
That's a lovely way to have put it, cats' staff! "Feel proud of yourself for caring so much that you have organised this for them and other cats and fuss them totally on their return."

You are doing the right thing by your cats.