PDA

View Full Version : Talking of plants

Elaine
22-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Just thought I'd share some useless info with you all.
G and i find this quite amusing.
G's Gran was a florist, G's mum likes to potter in her garden but actually has a big fear of plants, ferns in particular, she apologises to the xmas tree and has even rescued lettuces. She is a dog walker, and one of the dogs wandered off into a field which was quite over grown, took her quite a while to muster up the courage to go into the field to retreive the dog and almost had a pannic attack.
Isnt that odd?
Like I said it amuses me and G but it must be pretty awful for his mum tbh.

Moli
22-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Must be terrible for her.....never heard of it before...

Elaine
22-09-2008, 07:37 PM
She always refers to ferns as triffids:lol:

dandysmom
22-09-2008, 09:02 PM
That's a strange phobia; never heard of it before. It must make life a bit difficult for her; wonder what caused it? I can understand Yola and her feathers, and me and many others of spiders, but plants???

I thought earlier when you mentioned triffids you were thinking of the movie Day of the Triffids .....

Elaine
22-09-2008, 09:05 PM
I thought earlier when you mentioned triffids you were thinking of the movie Day of the Triffids .....

I was but I was also thinking of G's mum. He's got a weird family:lol: :lol: :lol: I do love his mum really;)

Moli
22-09-2008, 09:46 PM
She is botanophobic............

Elaine
22-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Sounds painful:lol:

angieh
22-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Poor lady - just out of interest, what did she rescue the lettuces from??????

Ferns are particular favourites of mine!

Elaine
23-09-2008, 09:01 AM

I cannt remember if the lettuces were to be eaten or thrown away tbh but she always refered to them as her rescued lettuces:shock: :lol:

dandysmom
23-09-2008, 04:22 PM

Me too! Have a lovely Boston fern that's Summering outdoors on the porch. quite old; love it!

angieh
23-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Oh - that's just reminded me Eileen - I was going to post a photo of my tree fern and haven't done so yet!

(Sorry Elaine - it just struck me!)