PDA

View Full Version : How far ahead do you plan?

Kazz
18-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Okay simple question here....

How far ahead do you plan your meal menu...?
On the day?

A week ahead?

A month?

And do you shop with that menu in mind or do you fix the menu around what you fancy?

Karen

Mags
18-09-2008, 09:07 PM
I usually plan my meals the day before, unless I'm out all day and then it will be whatever I have in the house at the time. I will shop for whatever I have in mind..:D

Moli
18-09-2008, 09:08 PM
During the week its decided on the day, at weekends I plan the menu for the 2 days before hand...

Kim
18-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I do a main shop once a week, so plan what we are having for the following week and buy what we need. I doesn't always work out though and I also buy whatever is on offer too.

Kazz
18-09-2008, 09:20 PM
See I keep fnding I buy things spur of the moment when shopping then sort of find myself throwing it away got to get "tougher" with myself and therefore thats the reason for asking....find myself thinking I'll plan a week ahead. To start with.

dandysmom
18-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I plan my menu for the coming week on Wednesday, as my big weekly delivery is on a Thursday; pick up other things as needed on my almost daily market run. I have the heavy stuff delivered, prefer to select my own fruit/vegetables/meat. Leia isn't the only picky one in this house! :-D And I shop with a list, pretty much laid out by aisle so I can get in and out quickly.

angieh
18-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I do more or less the same as Eileen above, except our days differ. If I am going to the local farm shop for veg I always have a list. Have to say that over the last year or two I have got much better at wasting as little as possible.

Kazz
18-09-2008, 09:33 PM
See thats what I want to do.....and I plan on doing it too...watch this space....

Kazz
18-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Tomorrow I am off work and plan on listing whats in the freezer and planning meals accordingly....then doing a list shop accordingly.....

dandysmom
18-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I do find it makes life simpler! Good luck!

Oh, meant to say the menu isn't cast in stone; when I saw crabmeat on sale today I simply changed what I'd planned to crab remoulade instead. But I'm generally not an impulse shopper.

dandysmom
02-10-2008, 09:38 PM
So, Kazz, have you started a weekly menu plan?

dinahsmum
03-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Planning ahead, checking your larder, and writing and sticking to a shopping list is bound to mean financial savings

I don't do it now, but I may start doing it and I bet a lot of others will too.

Kazz
03-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Yes Dm I have started a meal planner and working well so far.