PDA

View Full Version : Wow - what a day!

Kim
16-09-2008, 10:33 PM
I have mentioned before that my dogs are both regular blood donors. They both had appointments to give blood today and the lady from ppb (Pet Blood Bank) called me to say that the BBC were doing a programme about canine blood donors and asked if they could film Caleb & Rudy as they have given blood several times before and are calm & relaxed about it. I agreed and then they asked if I could do an interview with me. This is someone who hates having her photo taken, let alone being on TV, so I very reluctantly agreed. The next day they rang and asked if the film crew could come to my house, film the dogs and interview me! So they arrived at 1pm today, filmed loads; the dogs playing in the garden, taking them for a walk, myself and OH sitting with the dogs in the conservatory and being interviewed, the dogs jumping into the car and us driving to the vets for donation. They filmed us arriving, taking dogs to be screened and then giving their donation! Phew, we finally arrived home around 8.30. We are all tired, but such an amazing experience!! We had to wear microphones, do lots of re-takes for different camera angles, etc. The dogs were so well behaved. The show is for CBBC, and Animal Planet and will be shown early next year. John Barrowman is narrating the programme. The director who was here today, directed the last series of Dr Who and Torchwood, the cameraman worked on The Andrew Lloyd Webber, Maria programme. It was all very interesting! It was certainly a day out of the ordinary and unforgettable.

Mags
16-09-2008, 10:38 PM
What an exciting day Kim and how good that your dogs give blood.

You'll have to remind next year when the programme is on..:D

Moli
16-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Well done to Caleb & Ruby.....

Elaine
17-09-2008, 07:27 AM
How exciting for you all:D Will they be informing you of when exactly it'll be showing? I'd like to see that.
Well done you for agreeing, I would have been scared witless and made a right pratt of myself:lol:

angieh
17-09-2008, 10:39 AM
What an amazing experience for you all, Kim! Don't forget to let us know if they alert you when the programme will be screened. Do hope that it will encourage other people to get their pets to be blood donors. Well done.

yola
17-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Wow, how exciting!!! Dominik likes watching Animal Planet so it would be super if we could catch you on it :D Please do let us know when it's being broadcast . . .

Kim
17-09-2008, 01:35 PM
How exciting for you all:D Will they be informing you of when exactly it'll be showing? I'd like to see that.
Well done you for agreeing, I would have been scared witless and made a right pratt of myself:lol:

:lol: :lol: I was scared witless, but really believe that canine blood donors are so worthwhile and they need all the publicity they can get. They are going to send me a DVD of the show and will let me know when it is going to be on.

Elaine
17-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Cool bananas, I look forward to seeing that:D