PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat help change the bed linens?

dandysmom
16-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Leia is always glad to help, but she was especially helpful this afternoon...and I didn't think to bring the camera upstairs. A five minute job took about fifteen, retrieving her out from under and starting again....:-D They do so enjoy bed making!

Elaine
16-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Winston used to love that game of bed making and Woody could usually be found under the duvet:lol: . Eva and Bernie dont seem to share the same enthusiasm sadly.

dandysmom
16-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Well maybe not "sadly", as it is so funny, but it surely complicates the job!

Phoenix
16-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Beauty doesn't like bed making! As soon as she sees the bed things coming out she's off! Pillowcases she doesn't mind as much, duvet covers and sheets she hates!

Moli
16-09-2008, 09:31 PM
I would not say they help, normally merlin gets into the cover while I am trying to get the duvet into it!!!

CathyW
16-09-2008, 10:28 PM
oh crikey reg is always *helping* me when i change the bedding. i have to get him off the un-made bed to start off, then take pillow cases off and place them on the chair take reggie off the bed again. take quilt and change cover. take reggie off the bed again. put dirty sheet on the floor. pick up clean sheet. take reggie off the bed. then put sheet on bed. turn around to put quilt on bed, take reggie off the bed. put clean quilt on bed, fluff up pillows. place on the bed. stroke reggie as hes fluffing up the quilt ready for a days sleep.
yep he likes to help.:)

dandysmom
16-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Lol, BM. he and Leia have obviously discussed this; she's the same, except she likes to dash on the bed to get under the sheet as I'm flopping it in the air getting ready to put it on and start tucking in.....what a helpful boy he is!

CathyW
16-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Lol, BM. he and Leia have obviously discussed this; she's the same, except she likes to dash on the bed to get under the sheet as I'm flopping it in the air getting ready to put it on and start tucking in.....what a helpful boy he is!hes also helpfull in the kitchen. hes there to catch any bits of cheese/meat/cream that i happen to drop on the floor LOL

dandysmom
16-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Leia is no help there whatsoever...remember, she doesn't like "people food", silly girl! All my others were extremely helpful...would even try to get on the counter to see if they could assist in chopping, slicing, etc! You gotta love 'em!

angieh
17-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks for this thread Eileen. Your descriptions and boysmum's have made me laugh out loud.

Sadly, Merlin is much too elderly to help with bed making!

Grete
17-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Lol BM, I loved that description of your oh so helpful Reggie ;)

Bubbles runs away when she sees the sheets but Fizz likes to help get rid of any bedmice that might crop up ;) Little monkey that she is :)

calismum
17-09-2008, 07:34 PM
oh crikey reg is always *helping* me when i change the bedding. i have to get him off the un-made bed to start off, then take pillow cases off and place them on the chair take reggie off the bed again. take quilt and change cover. take reggie off the bed again. put dirty sheet on the floor. pick up clean sheet. take reggie off the bed. then put sheet on bed. turn around to put quilt on bed, take reggie off the bed. put clean quilt on bed, fluff up pillows. place on the bed. stroke reggie as hes fluffing up the quilt ready for a days sleep.
yep he likes to help.:)

This sounds exactly like ALfie. Kinsi not helped yet!!

CM

meep
18-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Darcy has loved this from day one. I've got a video somewhere of him helping me change the bed, by chasing the sheet around and around :lol:

I've never heard him purr so loudly as when he lays down on the freshly spread sheet, before I put the duvet on.

dandysmom
18-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Cats agree that there's nothing like a soft bed with new sheets as a napping spot....especially when they helped make it! :-D

meep
18-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Absolutely DM :D Will see if I can find that video of Darcy....

Tina
18-09-2008, 04:23 PM
LOL This thread made me chuckle! Both Miw and Mousie like to help change the bed as well.....though it's not really very helpful!

Miw also loves to help fold the laundry! I dump it all on the dining table then fold each item and put it in the basket.....and I have to remove her from the basket constantly cause she gets in to lie on each item I put in!

dandysmom
18-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Laughed at that, Tina, because all of mine have loved hopping in the basket of warm folded laundry from the line !!

angieh
18-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Absolutely DM :D Will see if I can find that video of Darcy....

We DO need to see this video, meep!