PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy good curtains? (UK)

meep
16-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Our new flat has no curtains and we're looking to buy some, to keep the heat in for coming chilly winter months!

I have never bought curtains before, so have no idea where to look at all! My mum has expensive tastes so it's prob best I don't ask her for advice. But I would like some good quality ones, essentially with lining (to keep heat in!)

I've thought about:

-M&S
-Debenhams
-Next

And that's as far as I've got :lol:

Anyone know of any good places I could get so me good quality but not extravagent priced ones?

Kazz
16-09-2008, 04:39 PM
I know it sounds silly but have a look at Argos....seriously.

And have you got a Dunelm Mill shop by you they have outlets through the UK I think, they have lovely curtains picked up a few pairs there myself.

Karen

meep
16-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks Karen, Argos isn't a silly suggestion at all :) Although, there isn't anyway you can feel the curtains before you buy them? That makes me sound really weird! But I just don't want the material to be too itchy or rough...

Will def check it out! And have a look around for Dunelm Mill.

yola
16-09-2008, 05:54 PM
I've got some really nice ones from Next in the past, but they are quite lightweight however. If you're looking for keeping in warmth you might need interlined ones (which also keep out the light), and these may have to be made up. In which case I'd recommend John Lewis!

calismum
16-09-2008, 07:56 PM
If you are near Glasgow -

John Lewis
Frasers

or

Buy your choice of material from Cotton Print Factory and get them made up.

There are quite a few places will do that.

Kim
16-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Rosebys do some nice curtains too.

angieh
16-09-2008, 10:16 PM
I have recently bought 2 pairs of ready made curtains from M&S - I was lucky and got them in the sale. Very good value - and they are lined.

I have also just got another pair of ready mades from a store called Paul Simon. Don't know if you have that chain in Glasgow meep. There are lots of places on the internet, and over the last few months I have trawled through most of them and I have to say I have found nothing to write home about!