PDA

View Full Version : Mouse back to vet tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Tina
16-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Hi All

It's now been 5 months since Mouse first got so ill with anemia and her immune disease, she has had one serious relapse and has had other more minor problems because of her meds. She is on high dose steroids again since her last relapse and the vet is hoping to put that down again this week. However, I have noticed today that she seems to be going quite pale again......so fingers crossed her red cell count isn't dropping again. Not sure what the vet will do if her blood count drops again as she's already on high med doses.......hopefully he'll be willing to go that little higher.

She is due to get her 1 year booster tomorrow and to have her bloods checked again, healing thoughts and prayers please that all is well......she's been so brave and strong these past months, she has to keep fighting!

Tina

Elaine
16-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Have everything crossed for you both Tina, poor Mouse has really been through alot in her young life xxx
Just a thought but is it necessary to give her the booster as it may make things worse for her, something you should discuss with your vet.
lots of healing thoughts to mouse xxx

angieh
16-09-2008, 12:02 PM
((((HUGS)))) to you Tina and gentle cuddles for dear Mouse. She is such a brave sweetheart. Hope all goes well for her. I would talk to your vet about the need for the booster, as Elaine suggests above.

Tina
16-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Will speak to the vet about the booster, she only has contact with our other cat and no other animals, so may be best for her not to have it. Thanks for the suggestion! Will let you know how her bloods are after the vet visit.

Thanks again!

Tina

Mags
16-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I hope all goes well for Mouse, she is such a brave little girl.....

dandysmom
16-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Healing thoughts coming for dear Mouse, and a big (((hug))) for you! She's such a brave little girl......

Kazz
16-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Really hope all goes well for you, I adore the name Mouse for a cat. Fingers crossed

Moli
16-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Healing vibes for Mouse......

Tina
18-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Ok, so I guess I must just be one of those overly-anxious people who worries too much, but then as Mouse has been so ill I suppose it's understandable! :cat7

The vet checked Mouse's blood levels today and her red cells, hematocrit and hemoglobin are all in the high end of normal range........higher than last month even. Also, her white cells are back in normal range too which is VERY good! :D I guess I just worry too much about her.

With regards to the booster, the vet held off doing it today as we wanted to get the result on her blood levels first and make sure they were okay. She will go and have the booster on Friday though. We discussed what possibility there was of the booster causing any problems with her illness and the vet said that there is a small possibility that it will aggravate her illness and make her blood levels start to drop again but that we can control that with a raise in steroids dose if it happens. However, if she doesn't have the booster, and then comes into contact with one of the flus or illnesses that it protects from, then her immune system won't be able to fight it off well and it could cause serious problems. So, we will go ahead with the vaccination and the vet will check her blood every week for a month to make sure all is well.......she's not going to like being stuck with a needle every week though! :cat34

But she's doing well still, and that's the important thing. And she's at this very moment tormenting our other cat by chasing her around the house! :lol:

Thanks for the prayers and wishes everyone......they worked! :-)

Tina

Elaine
18-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Aww so pleased to hear that Mouse is still doing very well, long may it continue.
Dont worry about ever being over anxous, better to get things checked that to do nothing. xxx

Mags
18-09-2008, 09:09 AM
So pleased to read you post about Mouse, I hope she continues to get stronger..:D

dandysmom
18-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Happy news! Give Mouse a chin tickle, please .....

angieh
18-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Very happy news. Good for you Tina and good for Mouse. Excellent in fact.

Moli
18-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Brilliant to hear she is doing so well...:)