PDA

View Full Version : Fibroids - Wish Me Luck?

Darky
15-09-2008, 12:58 PM
'Lo~

I have woah crazy periods. I've had three since October of last year, when I bled for two months before being put on norethisterone. (Same thing happened this spring and again just recently. I usually bleed for 2-3 weeks before being put on medication to stop the bleeding.)

So~ I thought I might have ovarian cysts or somesuch.

I just got my letter for yet another ultrasound scan (won't bloody miss this one).

I asked my Doctor to request one that wasn't transvaginal if possible..

So because of that, it's transabdominal!! ^____^ And because of that, I've got the appointment a lot sooner because it's at the small local hospital instead.

Monday 29th at 4:00PM. C:

I'll force my fiance to come here for the day so that I'm not alone.

Only downside? For this one, you need a full bladder.

I'm terrified of needing to pee in public places. XD God.

However...

Turns out, they're actually testing for fibroids.

The Doctor didn't explain what sort of fibroid she thinks I might have, though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibroma or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uterine_fibroid

Anyone have experience with this?

Mags
15-09-2008, 01:46 PM
No experience of this at all Darky but just wanted to wish you all the best for the 29th...:)

yola
15-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Yes, I have massive fibroids, to the point where they thought it would cause major problems when I was pregnant (i.e., they were taking up waaaay to much space that should have been earmarked for the baby). The scanning with a full bladder is damned uncomfortable but fibroids in themselves aren't dangerous, they're quite benign, however they can cause discomfort and heavy/irregular bleeding.

Darky
15-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh I know all about heavy and irregular bleeding. XD

dandysmom
15-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Sorry to hear this, Darky; hope it won't be too traumatic for you......

angieh
15-09-2008, 10:16 PM
So sorry to hear your news Darky. It's a nasty thing, but I do hope that once it's put right things will be better for you.

Kim
16-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Never had these problems myself, but hope all goes well and they are able to help you.

Moli
16-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Hope all goes well for you.................