PDA

View Full Version : Every Day "Better Quality" Cat Food

Donna
14-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Can anyone tell me what "better quality" foods I can feed the cats everyday.... sometimes the premium foods cant be fed everyday as they are meant to be treats and it gets me all confused!

I am looking at wet foods only as Chloe suffers from cystitis and dry food aggrevates...

calismum
14-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Alfie gets whiskas and felix. Usually day about. Both are the pouch variety packs.

Kinsi is on Whiskas, felix and hi-life rotated each meal.

They both have ad hoc access to dried food (I tend to rotate this too, idea is they don't get too fussy or 'fixed' on one food type.)

What do you feed just now.

CM

Donna
14-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Whiskas or Felix but Chloe is rather fussy so tends to leave it.. and as I am cutting back on the dry food I worry about her weight.. she is tiny as it is..

She loves Sheba dome tins but I dont think I can give her that at every meal?

calismum
14-09-2008, 04:04 PM
I've never fed sheba recently - Misty was quite intolerant of it (v runny poos) so never tried it with these two. Never even looked at what they are selling currently so sorry, can't comment.

What about mixing a little Hills in with the felix or whiskas to make it a bit more palatable. Or a smear of marmite, or add a little cod liver oil or sardine in tomato sauce. Maybe the smell of something that is more to her palate would encourage her to clear the bowl?

I usually leave the food bowl down until next meal when I clean out what is not eaten and give next meal. My sister gives a meal and lifts it after 20 mins. Her cats now clear the bowl at each sitting. She did start this from kitten age.

It can be so hard to feed a cat that is fussy hope maybe someone else can post something that is of more help.

CM

angieh
14-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Sorry - no help here I'm afraid. Merlin has done very well on Felix supermeat - it agrees with his elderly digestion and so I don't give him anything else (apart from the odd treat!)

Elaine
16-09-2008, 09:37 PM
What about Natures menu

http://naturesmenu.co.uk/

Donna
17-09-2008, 09:17 AM
What about Natures menu

http://naturesmenu.co.uk/

Hmm might give that a try - thanks Elaine..:D