PDA

View Full Version : My Buddy Big...

Chunti
14-09-2008, 03:31 AM
Big kept taking hit after hit, but kept getting up like a champ. He powered through every obstacle in front of him and would not give up no matter how badly he felt. The past month and a half or so he was pretty much back to his old self, some days better than others. The past couple of days were not his best though. He lost the power to walk in all of his legs and had no choice but to just lay on the couch. My mom and I had a bunch of medications we had to give him and even had to administer his IV twice a day. Through all of this he kept fighting and fighting, trying to power through. Today though he just had no more to give, his time was slipping away. This afternoon i took a nap and when i got up my mom was next to him and he was breathing rapidly. My mom said he was doing this for about 3 hours but she did not want to wake me up. I sat down below the couch, looked up at him and told him it was ok. With the last of his energy he looked back at me as if to say...I waited for ya but its my time and I gotta go now. I hugged him, held his paw, and told him hes fought long enough. I held him as he started to drift away and kept telling him that i love him. After a few minutes in my arms he stopped breathing and that was it. He fought and he fought and he fought but it just became too much for him and i think and hope he is in a better place now. I will miss and never forget my buddy Big, I love you buddy!

Mags
14-09-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm so, so sorry to read that Big has finally gone to sleep, Chunti. His fight to live was just too much for him, he was so exhausted..:(

No-one could have tried more than you did to save him and I'm sure he knew how much you loved him .......he proved that by waiting for you to wake up so that he could 'say' a final goodbye to you.

Many of us here can understand the pain you are going through right now, you think it will never end but one day in the near future you will wake up and smile at thoughts of Big ......... you will start to think of all the good days you had with him and gradually the gnawing pain will subside and you will be left with happy memories.

I share your grief today, you did everything in your heart possible to help ease Big's final days...:cry:

Take care (((hugs)))

Annestaff
14-09-2008, 12:49 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss :(

Sleep tight Big x

alexgirl73
14-09-2008, 02:00 PM
So very sorry Chunti.

RIP Big xx

angieh
14-09-2008, 02:12 PM
So very sorry to hear this news Chunti. I am so glad that when he passed away you were with him. ((((HUGS))))

Moli
14-09-2008, 02:53 PM
So sorry to hear Big has slipped away....
Run free Big....x

dandysmom
14-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Oh Chunti, so so sorry. But you were with him, and he's out of pain now, what a lovely boy he was. RIP, Big run free at the Bridge.....

janey83
15-09-2008, 02:10 PM
So sorry, R.I.P.

kado
17-09-2008, 10:28 AM
I am so sorry for you loss. He wanted to be with you at the end he wouldnt let go till you was there. He was certainley a little fighter. R I P little one.

jane X

Elaine
17-09-2008, 02:37 PM
I am so sorry Chunti, hugs to you at this sad time xxx

R.I.P. Big fella, such a brave kitty xxx

HappyKatz
17-09-2008, 02:56 PM
So sorry to hear about your cat Big :smt049 May he rest in peace :smt049

yola
17-09-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm so very sorry to be reading this, I know he meant the world to you. I think you can console yourself with the fact that you were there with Big; that he wasn't alone or afraid and that he slipped away so peacefully.

In time that will come to mean a lot. For now, cry and remember Big in every which way you can. Again, in time he will be a warm, fuzzy spot in your heart - but right now you're hurting. Just remember, he'll always be there with you. Hugs.