PDA

View Full Version : Capstar tablets for cats - availability problems

angieh
13-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I can't find anywhere that currently has Capstar tablets (cat size dose) in stock. Has anyone come across a recent website where they are actually available NOW?

Merlin would be so grateful and so would I!

Phoenix
13-09-2008, 07:45 PM
I have no idea what this site is like but you might want to look into it:

http://www.allivet.com/Capstar-p/25230.htm

dandysmom
13-09-2008, 08:06 PM
You might give this site a look, Angie .....

http://www.wormers.co.uk/acatalog/Flea.html

angieh
13-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Thanks for trying RCR and DM!

The site you linked to RCR is an American site and the one DM linked is out of stock! Trust me, I have looked - I have got a back order at animalmedicines.co.uk - the tablets were meant to be delivered to them on 12 Sept, but they still have not arrived and the firm has no idea when they may come in. Might have to take him to the vet again.

dandysmom
13-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh dear, poor Merlin! Well, we tried ......:(

Mags
14-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Most of the sites show Manufacturing delay .......have you tried this one Angie, they show as being in stock:?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_lp/203-8382425-4932769?url=search-alias%3Doutdoor&field-keywords=Capstar+tablets+for+cats&x=0&y=0

angieh
14-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey - thanks Mags - I'll order from Amazon and keep my fingers crossed!

calismum
14-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Good luck - Amazon don't often advertise if the item is unavailable so hope you're lucky.

CM

dandysmom
14-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I've found you can buy almost anything on Amazon!!!!

angieh
14-09-2008, 04:36 PM
I have got my fingers well and truly crossed! The funny thing is that the "partner" that supplies the Capstar tabs to Amazon is actually an Australian site pets-megastore.com/au I am much too long in the tooth to try and figure out how that works!

But you're right Eileen - almost anything you want! (apart from curtain tracks - although you can probably get those on the US site!)

Kazz
16-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Okay to late to help and I have no idea anyhow but what may I ask are Capstar tablets....please....dense person here.

dandysmom
16-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I believe they're a flea treatment, Kazz .......

Kazz
16-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Ahhh ta.....didnt know flea treatments came in tablet form...thats interesting.

The dogs in recent years have always have stronghold a spot on treatment from the vets,mostly to avoid ear mites and mange "foxes" but good point is flea anhialation.
The cats never had a flea treatment ever but I was a religiou flea comb actavist........back in the days. ;)

dandysmom
16-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Ahhh ta.....didnt know flea treatments came in tablet form...thats interesting.

The dogs in recent years have always have stronghold a spot on treatment from the vets,mostly to avoid ear mites and mange "foxes" but good point is flea anhialation.
The cats never had a flea treatment ever but I was a religiou flea comb actavist........back in the days. ;)

They make it for dogs too.....

http://www.wormers.co.uk/acatalog/Flea.html

angieh
16-09-2008, 10:11 PM
I learned about Capstar tablets from something Smudgley mentioned a while ago, Kazz ............ I am still not sure whether Merlin has residents or not. I have also bought a flea comb today and used it on his back, sides and chest. Now I am sure that I have got flea dirt, but so far no fleas! I may have to try to do his undercarriage, but that will take assistance from OH! Not at all sure that Frontline Spot-on still works on him for some reason.

I have had notification from Amazon that the tablets have "been shipped" - Australian post!!!

angieh
18-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Just to let you know that the above tablets, posted from Australia on 14 September arrived this morning! 4 days from the other side of the world - can't beat that.

Mags
18-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Just to let you know that the above tablets, posted from Australia on 14 September arrived this morning! 4 days from the other side of the world - can't beat that.
Now that's what I call good service!:D

Glad you were able find a source for them..:D

angieh
18-09-2008, 06:47 PM
No - thank you, Mags!

Merlin thanks you too!

Kay
18-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Angie, Capstar should be used alongside Frontline or Stronghold as it only works for a very short period by killing of fleas that are on the cat at the time. It does not ill the eggs. Having said that it is excellent at what it does. Hope Merlin gets some relief.

angieh
18-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks Kay - yes, I did realise that and have the Frontline spot on ready too. I don't understand why the Frontline did not work as he has always been done regularly. He's been to the vet X 2 and I am sure that both times he had fleas, they just couldn't be seen. I am still combing out flea dirt and have got eggs out too - but saying that, I still have not seen a live flea actually on him. But my reasoning is, if there are eggs then there must be fleas!

dandysmom
18-09-2008, 09:05 PM
:-D A switch on the old "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Those eggs didn't just appear spontaneously! I've had a flea comb for years, use it all the time. Leia had a few fleas last year after she caught the rat; happily, haven't seen any since!

That was amazing service from Australia....

fancyabrew
24-09-2008, 03:43 PM
capstar is very good, but there are alternatives, Johnson and Johnson do a similair product, its basically the same product just a different name