PDA

View Full Version : Vet visit went better than expected!

Samz5
12-09-2008, 11:36 AM
We took Rags and Bones to the vets yesterday, Rags had a tooth removed and that all went perfectly.
Bones had to have his blood tests done to see how his Kidney Disease is progressing, its been about 4 years since he was first diagnosed so we were expecting them to have got worse, even though he seems healthier than ever.

The results came in and his kidneys have improved so much, the vet actually said they are so good that if he had got those results from a cat that had suspected kidney disease he would have said the cat does not have kidney disease. They are nearly normal.
I didn't think it was possible for a cat to recover from this so I am over the moon!

I was about to change the food we feed him over to a special kidney diet this week but won't have to now..the only reason we hadn't done this previously is because we had Tango with us who had a bad illness and he would get sick if he ate anything other than Royal Canin sensitive stomach food, so they all had to eat that and some whiskers pouches, sadly Tango has died, so we have no need to stick to that food. However the vet says that food probably helped and whatever we're doing just keep doing it!

Mags
12-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Good news about Bones, pleased to hear he is doing so well....

I'm sure Rags feels a lot better now the offending tooth has been removed .........he will enjoy his food much better now!:D

Sorry to hear about Tango..:(

angieh
12-09-2008, 03:04 PM
That's such good news Samz5! How wonderful for Bones - that is really amazing.