PDA

View Full Version : is this a little bid odd?

Elvisisboss
08-09-2008, 09:19 PM
my partner came home from work and said for me to look in the paper so i did, the lady who we got our kitten off of is now selling 8 more kittens.

Ok doesnt sound That odd but heres the background.
when i first called her she had just sold her 8 kittens, she said from her cat. (this is true it was a different advert)

But her daughter had some and she had them at her house as the daughter couldnt cope with them or something. and we could look at them.

so a few days later we got there and no sign of any adult cats, just a dog outside & the kittens were in a big dog crate.

she said her daughter had 2 cats boy & girl and these were the babies they were 7 weeks.

got one, (although i wont go into it but it was a odd/pressured situation at the time for me) came home etc.

now its about 5/6weeks later and she is now selling 8 more kittens? she did not have them at her home when we went there (they would have been 2/3weeks?) and no sign of adult cats what so ever.

so where are all these kittens coming from??

am i right to think this is a little odd/dodgy? my partner noticed it and normally he does not think things are odd but he did??
this is the 3rd set of moggy kittens in like 8 weeks? and she didnt have any cats at her house? just seems a bit weird or am i over reacting?

Elaine
08-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Sounds to me like she is running a kitten farm of some sort:twisted:

Moli
08-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Sounds to me like she is running a kitten farm of some sort:twisted:
Exatly what I thought, but where is she keeping the adult cats??:?

angieh
08-09-2008, 10:17 PM
... or she's taking them on from someone/somewhere else?

dandysmom
08-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Definitely sounds dodgy to me ........

Moli
08-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Wonder if she is getting them free from somewhere, then selling them...

Elvisisboss
09-09-2008, 02:37 AM
*phew*

not just me then!!!

thought i might be over re-acting but my boyf is very laid back and Never makes a fuss, so when he mentioned it to me i knew he thought something was up!

i know she had no cats it was very odd just a old dog outside? said they were her daughters cats, i was actually going to phone her and ask to see why she has more cats, or pretend im intrested and ask if i can see the mum/dad?

if she says there at her daughters again? thats odd as her daughter only has 1 girl cat? cant have all these litters can it one after the other?

actually her daughter came over when we were over there! oh i just remembered, she as like 'oh i wish we could keep one but i dont have room' hmmm never mentioned she owned the kittens mum?? cant beleive i forgot that!

i know of a place near me dont know if i can call it a 'puppy farm' but they sell crosses & peds not kc reg or health tested as far as i know, its a gypsy site a few years back i was asked to go and look round it it as someone wanted to report it! they sell SOO many breeds there, maybe she could be getting them from there?

oh the cats are the same description/advert apart from these ones are, small and black, same as the last 3 adverts really

hmmm!!!

Elvisisboss
15-09-2008, 04:00 AM
well! i phoned her up!

story is a little odd, she said that mum cant be seen as she is always out, next door has 7 cats so dad could be anyone... next door didnt have any cats from what i see when we went there, and if there all indoor cats...how did she get to them?!

she only lives round the corner so i know the house well!

very odd!

CathyW
15-09-2008, 09:12 AM
was the ad in the evening echo by any chance. got a feeling i know what kennels u was talking about. along the a127 ???

Elvisisboss
15-09-2008, 07:09 PM
it was in that ad, but it isnt a kennels its just a normal house!