PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here own a Somali Cat??

Elvisisboss
08-09-2008, 05:14 AM
i have just found them and im in Love!! gorgeous gorgeous Gorgeous Cats!!

any info and or pics would be great! :D

angieh
08-09-2008, 02:53 PM
erm ............. thought you'd settled on a Norwegian Forest???? Or is your question just out of interest?

Mags
08-09-2008, 02:56 PM
If you Google Somali Cat, you will find lots of information on them...

Moli
08-09-2008, 04:05 PM
http://www.somalicats.co.uk/Somali%20History.htm

Lots of info there:)

dandysmom
08-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Here's another good link:
\
http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/somali.html

Elvisisboss
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
thanks lol!

oh we have already put my name down for next year!!

but i cant just have 3 cats............. lol! :-P

just intrested in cats in general!! love them all! so want to find about all breeds! :D i want to work with cats / dogs other animals so like to find out about all breeds! :D

thanks have been on them sites! really good! :D

dandysmom
08-09-2008, 08:06 PM
I've never known a Somali, but they're really long haired Abys; so if they have the Aby temperament they'd be marvellous cats! My Aby was smarter than some people I know......

calismum
08-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I fell in love with them at the Scottish Cat Champ show many years ago. Spoke to a couple of breeders who said they are basically Abysinnian in nature but not quite so eager to be outside all the time.

Really thought about getting one but ended up looking after 3 semi ferals instead. Never had the chance since and if I'm honest will probably stick to moggies. Always wanted to go to CPL or RSPCA and offer a home to the one noone else wants. So far all my cats have kind off found me so never been able to do that.

Good luck whatever you decide.

CM

Elvisisboss
08-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I've never known a Somali, but they're really long haired Abys; so if they have the Aby temperament they'd be marvellous cats! My Aby was smarter than some people I know......

lol!! thats a cat i like bit of personailtly and smart! :D
they are so beautiful, read about Aby's aswell, said they asre a a kind of long haired version or something?

sooo lovely! :D