PDA

View Full Version : Raven update-not the best news

JBalways2000
05-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Some of you may remember me posting about Raven a few months ago. he had two blockages caused by struvite crystals in a matter of a week or so and the second time around he was opened up and flushed out. it was all very stressful and since then he has been on hills s/d. well for about a month i have been trying to get a urine sample. finally got one the start of this week and it was sent off. i was rang up wednesday and told that there are still struvite crystals in his urine :(

he hasnt been showing any signs of problems urinating etc. the vet recommended to keep on with the s/d but i said that if it hasnt helped this far is it going to help much more? so he is now on the royal canin urinary food. he doesnt like it much though at all. ive been told he will need another urine test done in 6 weeks.

the problem is, how long will this go on for? if he still has the same thing in six weeks will i be told the same thing over again? it feels like a never ending pattern at the moment and i just hoped that someone who has had the same problems might be able to share their experience so i know my vet is doing this right.

the vet is nice enough but not the vet i usually see and trust so im finding it hard to trust everything he says. problem is i dont want to go asking a second opinion as they both work in the same clinic :?

can anyone help?

Elaine
05-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I am sory to hear that Raven is still no further forward with regard to the sturvite crystals.
I have no experience of the condition but just read this
http://www.abcarticledirectory.com/Article/Solving-Struvite--Bladder-Stones--Canine-and-Feline-Urolithiasis/168629
and am wondering if finding out more about a raw food diet will help.

Elaine
05-09-2008, 07:30 PM
http://www.felinefuture.com/nutrition/bpo_ch4.php

kado
05-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Simon problems started in dec 2006 and guinness march 2007. They have had several bouts of it,guinness is on cystease at the moment for it and is going back to vets on tuesday for a check up. I know i at one point was going to give up and thought the same but though all the advice and people on here it gave me the strengh to go on.