PDA

View Full Version : how many times do you clean out your litter tray? for indoor cat owners?

Elvisisboss
05-09-2008, 04:31 PM
used to do mine everytime he went!

recently bought a new loo, and its great!! its big but looks good & i just wanted to recomened it to everyone!!

only need to do it out once a day now and there are no smells coming from it at all, yippee! cat loves it too! he gets really excited as its very roomy inside and lots of room to dig in! :D

heres the link:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter_litter_boxes/hooded_litter_box/14066

kado
05-09-2008, 06:12 PM
That looks good. Mine are indoor out door cats. I change the 2 litter trays everyday. I recently discovered that if it isnt clean enough chester comes into the living room and pee's in the corner. He is ouronly cat that has ever done that.

jane

alexgirl73
05-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Obviously clean out the lumps etc every day, but I really like the look of that tray. I'll need to have a look around and see if I can get it in the shops.

dandysmom
05-09-2008, 08:09 PM
I clean out the solids as soon as they appear, which is usually one a day; Leia's very regular. She doesn't wee much, and it's a large box so normally do that every other day.

angieh
05-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Me - ditto dandysmom as above!

CathyW
05-09-2008, 09:49 PM
luckily ours are outdoor cats now, there is a tray in the bathroom for any caught shorts during the night. but i let them out about 5am (bedroom window LOL luckily we are in a bungalow) and they hold on over night.
but when they where indoor cats. i always seemed to have my head in the tray sorting it out,

calismum
05-09-2008, 10:41 PM
used to do it every day and was using a clumping litter.

Now trying the new silicate litter, so only remove the solids and then mix what remains.

Got three litter trays for two cats (thanks for that advice folks) kitten poos a lot, hope that will settle down when she's older.

CM