PDA

View Full Version : silly things cats still do now they are grown up

CathyW
03-09-2008, 01:37 PM
with ronnie its everytime i take my washing out to hang up. he follows me into the garden and waits till the baskets empty. then climbs in and goes to sleep. i then have to carry him in carefully and he will stay there for quite a while.
with reggie he was always the kitchen mooch. if im grating cheese i have to *drop* a bit on the floor and he will eat it. and squirty cream little dab on the floor and he is happy. goes off thinking hes a good hunter gatherer as he stole from the big ppl :)
so what do your babies get up to???
ill try n find a pic of ronnie in the basket.

meep
03-09-2008, 01:46 PM
what a lovely thread idea!

Darcy eats my hair at the roots. Well, not eats, but bites it then pulls. I think it's affectionate :? :lol:

Minsky has a habit of doing the paw-kneading thing, like they do when they're happy, but for about 15 minutes at a time. Either on my feet when I'm in bed, or on a cushion on the couch when i'm sitting on it. If you try and stroke him, he looks a bit annoyed, and immediately goes back to purring and kneading. It's like an obessesion! He looks like he's on a mission.

Darcy frequently waits at the corner of a doorway and as I walk towards it, runs away skidding around on the wooden floor with his claws out - very cute, and quite mental. This is usually followed by him running from room to room wildly.

I've not had them since kittens, so don't know what they've carried on or developed, but they are just generally very silly cats! :)

CathyW
03-09-2008, 05:20 PM
ronnie on occasions will stand next to me on the bed. then fluff (or knead) all the way down the bed. only thing is he will waork away like crazy with his front legs,but forget to move his back legs. and so ends up with his legs further n further apart. LOL

dandysmom
03-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Leia has a habit of only kneading with one paw! She'll be lying on her side while I rub her tummy or massage her neck, purring, and one paw is kneading away in the air...other one just lying there..

meep
04-09-2008, 09:54 AM
:lol: :lol: both of those are so cute!!

Minsky often lies on the floor completely stretched out and pulls himself along by his front paws only, back legs completely relaxed. He can go really really fast, and once just kept going up and down the living room. Bless!

dandysmom
04-09-2008, 04:31 PM
:lol: :lol: both of those are so cute!!

Minsky often lies on the floor completely stretched out and pulls himself along by his front paws only, back legs completely relaxed. He can go really really fast, and once just kept going up and down the living room. Bless!

That is so funny! Try to get a pic of him doing that......

Phoenix
04-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I have known Beauty to be grooming her tail and her tail moves across the chair of it's own accord! :lol: Then it will start to hover :lol:

dandysmom
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I've seen that too! Then they put a paw on the tail so they can groom the end of it so it can't get away!

kado
04-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Guinness usualy waits till i give him permission to come up the kneads my knee and then he starts on my arms with claws out whilst washing me. Simon who is the biggest baby ever. He get jeleause at anybody who sits next too me. He sits usualy on the tv and sulks big time if any of the other cats come on and sometimes come over and pushes the other one off. He makes me feel so guilty that i say to him "come to mummy simee" and he does. He also follows me around everywhere. Kado if is out when i go to too school will follow me and stop at the village hall and cry he little heart out. I can hear him at the end of the villiage.

jane

Moli
04-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Chancer does a little dance, he kneads the ground waiting for me to pick him up....