PDA

View Full Version : I'm so annoyed with an irrasponsible owner

kado
03-09-2008, 11:30 AM
I had just got back from taking my daughter too school. i was asked if a cat was mine it was my neighbours. They was a staffie running loose and he was friendly too humans. He was lost so i followed him down the road and he went into a farms field with cows and then carried on down the road towards me. He ran a bit futher the turned around nearly got hit by 3 cars. I was talking to a old man who said the farmer had the right to shoot him as he was worrying the animals. I then found out he was the one that found PI the kitten and tried to get him help he was upset when i told him that he had died. He gave me a bit of string and i took the dog back to the shop and tied him up. The lady in the shop started to phone around for the dog warden who would have come out. I got him some food as he looked starving. Somebody then took me around too where he lived and the owner said why did you bring hime back. There was only a fence that was proped up as well so i thing he would do it again. What gets me and most of you why do people get dogs or any animal and then just want to disgard it like rubbish. I had too bite my lip and not say a thing. Sorry its a long post but i am so mad with the owner. Too top it off Kado brought me his first present home a baby bird and started to eat it.

jane

angieh
03-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I agree Jane - it is beyond belief that someone would have a dog and just not worry about it getting out - apart from the dog's own safety, it could have caused an accident if a car had hit it. It was nice that you have found out who the man is who discovered Pi the kitten - he sounds like a sympathetic man.

kado
03-09-2008, 12:33 PM
I realy feel sorry for the dog he needs too be somewhere where he is wanted. I have never seen the man before and must be at least 75 i truley kind man. Ive started crying again about Pi thinking could i have done something if i had tried to find him maybe he might not have suffered has long. Pi was going too be my cat but the OH decided to not have it a week before we should have got him also i saw him from a few hours old.

jane

Moli
03-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Unfortunately there are too many owners that allow their dogs just to roam.....Cannot see it changing either, they just do not give a dam!!

angieh
03-09-2008, 02:27 PM
So sorry the thought of Pi has got you upset again Jane.

pinklizzy
03-09-2008, 07:07 PM
We have a neighbour like that, I've taken her Staffie pup back to her at least 15 times in the last couple of months-bearing in mind that we live on a busy main road. Each time the woman says she 'can't understand how she gets out' :roll: I've seen the pup squeezing under the gate and told her so but she still maintains she doesn't know how she keeps getting out. She's a lovely little dog, I think she spends a lot of time on her own and is looking for company :(