PDA

View Full Version : The invisible wardrobe mice

Phoenix
01-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Beauty's taken to trying to see the invisible wardrobe mice at night! :lol:

She'll lie down facing the wardrobe, peering underneath as if she thinks there's four legged squeaky things underneath (either they are not there or they are invisible, hence the name of the thread :lol: )

Elaine
01-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Bless her:lol:
How did she get on at the vets today?

Phoenix
01-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Bless her:lol:
How did she get on at the vets today?

Did her usual trick of trying to escape out the door ...

Elaine
01-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Did her usual trick of trying to escape out the door ...

And................

Phoenix
01-09-2008, 08:02 PM
And................

Age is catching up with her, apparently elderly cats can lose a little weight as they get older.

dandysmom
01-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Love the wardrobe story! And the caption!

The vet apparently wasn't concerned about her weight loss? What was it officially? And did you get her blood results? Misty was an elderly cat, almost 20 when she went to the Bridge, and still her plump self. Patches had been skinny all her life despite eating like a horse.....

Kazz
01-09-2008, 08:27 PM
The invisible mice may not be as invisible as you think....it could be anything catching her attention from dust....you know that stuff that collects under furniture..beds etc..or simply a spider or similar.

Elaine
01-09-2008, 08:31 PM
I am a little confused as to exactly how old Beauty is, the rescue said she was 8ish but you say that you think she is 14 or 15.:? Can I ask why you think she is almost double the age that the rescue said?
As cats get older, they can lose a little weight but if she has CRF as you say, then I would have thought that your vet would have been a little more concerned at her weight. Do you know what she weight when she was apparently diagnosed with CRF?
Did you ask the vet about her blood values? Did you ask about meds and supplements?

meep
02-09-2008, 10:28 AM
What a cute story about Beauty! Probably a tiny speck of dust that's caught her eye ;)

I agree with Elaine, DM and all others about the vet's diagnosis and Beauty's weight. As an older cat, she could lose weight, but even if she wasn't a CRF cat the fact her weight is at 1kg is quite worrying. But that she has CRF is much more so; as I said, Chaska my wee one, was diagnosed with CRF and her weight went down quite low then suddenly in the space of a week her healthy completely declined and she had to be PTS. I don't mean to sound so gloomy, but losing weight is a symptom of CRF, and of it worsening...

What did the vet weigh her as on his scales?

Phoenix
02-09-2008, 04:12 PM
2 and a half kg, like we weighed her in the end.

I don't know what she weighed when she went to the vets to get diagnosed with CRF. (when the vet diagnosed her I think his wording was kidney problems)

As for her age, we still remember how Smudge acted when she was nearing 20 and Beauty quite often acts like that! )I'm being generous with saying she's about 14 or 15 - we don't know for sure what her age is, I don't think the rescue did either! The rescue probably put 8-9 on her paperwork to try to get her rehomed a little quicker, elderly cats and adults take longer to rehome that kittens)

dandysmom
02-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Slowing down could be a symptom of her arthritis. Did you ask the vet about the glucosamine supplements I mentioned? It could improve her quality of life.

Elaine
02-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I give up:? :roll:

Moli
02-09-2008, 09:24 PM
2 and a half kg, like we weighed her in the end.

I don't know what she weighed when she went to the vets to get diagnosed with CRF. (when the vet diagnosed her I think his wording was kidney problems)

As for her age, we still remember how Smudge acted when she was nearing 20 and Beauty quite often acts like that! )I'm being generous with saying she's about 14 or 15 - we don't know for sure what her age is, I don't think the rescue did either! The rescue probably put 8-9 on her paperwork to try to get her rehomed a little quicker, elderly cats and adults take longer to rehome that kittens)
Never heard of a rescue taking years off of a cats age so they can rehome them quicker:?

Elaine
02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Never heard of a rescue taking years off of a cats age so they can rehome them quicker:?

Me either:roll:
Kidney problems = CRF, ARF or PKD

Elaine
02-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Sorry, but who is Smudge?
Your profile states that you have only ever owned one cat and have owned cats for 0-1 years?

Phoenix
03-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry, but who is Smudge?
Your profile states that you have only ever owned one cat and have owned cats for 0-1 years?

Smudge was the family cat a few years ago. She wasn't mine personally, Beauty is! (Sorry I thought on the profile it meant me personally)