PDA

View Full Version : Cooking help please

Elaine
01-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Does any one have any quick and easy recipes for prawns? Would like to do something other than make a curry or shove them in a baked tattie for a change:lol:

yola
01-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Mix with chillies, lemon juice, chopped, tinned tomatoes and cooked onions and throw over some pasta. If you have some other seafood like calamari that'll add to the texture variety.

OH does that as a quickie dinner when I get back from the gym and it's lovely :D

dandysmom
01-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Or Shrimp Creole. Onions, garlic, chopped tomatoes, green pepper, tabasco, celery, a strip of crumbled crisp bacon...will PM the recipe if you like. Dosn't take long to cook, delicious, and you can eliminate the tabasco if you don't like spicy.

yola
01-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Or you can add them to a stir-fry; that's what I'm going to be doing tonight (see you inspired me to think about things to cook prawns with whilst schlepping round the supermarket)!! :-D

Kazz
01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Paella????????? rice, seafood including prawns, stick in receipes for paella and you'll be inundated. Can do chicken instead. But we are talking prawns.:)

Elaine
01-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Thankyou for the suggestions. Sadly G decided to make dinner before i got home from work so guess what? Its baked potatoes:lol:
Have taken note of the above suggestions for the next time.

dandysmom
01-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Chinese shrimp and cellophane noodle soup? Delicious!

Also shrimp tempura, but that's not an especially quick meal ......