PDA

View Full Version : over eating then throws it back up.

CathyW
31-08-2008, 10:52 AM
its our ronnie. he will stuff himself silly , then promptly throws it back up.hes like a baby when its had too much milk.
dont mind im having to wash the nets where he threw up last night. hes had my new quilt b4 now.
its a pain having to clear it up. also a waste of food. hes not a skinny cat, hes quite tubby. ive now got to the point where im going to watch his food intake and then limit him. but as i feed 2 of them its going to be difficult.
hes healthy enough. cant say hes *off* his food can i.
can cats suffer from bulimia???
any advice id be happy.

EmmaG
31-08-2008, 01:03 PM
I have the same problem with our cat Bronwyn, she will scoff her food down, usually try and eat Arthur's if she is quick enough and then sick it all back up. (she did this today)

The only way I can get her not to be sick is to make sure she doesn't have too much food and make sure she eats it as slowly as possible (if she is threatened she will scoff her food quickly)

We now feed them four times a day rather than 2, this works quite well.

angieh
31-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I've had the same problem off and on with Merlin ever since I first brought him home as a kitten, boys mum. For some unknown reason, he sometimes gobbles his food and just upchucks it straight back. I have found that giving him little and often works better and he doesn't eat too much at once. More difficult, I appreciate, when you have more than one. Any chance you could feed him in a different room and just let him eat on his own at his own pace?

CathyW
31-08-2008, 02:58 PM
I've had the same problem off and on with Merlin ever since I first brought him home as a kitten, boys mum. For some unknown reason, he sometimes gobbles his food and just upchucks it straight back. I have found that giving him little and often works better and he doesn't eat too much at once. More difficult, I appreciate, when you have more than one. Any chance you could feed him in a different room and just let him eat on his own at his own pace?i also have a dog, so they get fed in the bathroom. the only room ben wont go into. ill just have to do the little n often approach. at the moment they are on iams pouches. so 1 of them at a time i think.think it dates back to when barnaby was with us, he wassuch a greedy cat, he would bully the other 2 so they left the food early and he ate the lot.sorry he wasnt a very nice cat like that.