PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference between these breeds?

Elvisisboss
30-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Bengals, ocicat, Serengeti and Savannah?

just been reading up about them all and they all say the litterally same thing about eachother? rosetted/spotted/glitter coats?

why have 3 breeds that are literally the 'same'?

just wondering and i know lots of cats out there that need homes, is there any reason to create more breeds that are the same as others?

also like the snowshoe breed? is there any 'reason' for this breed? as it just looks like a birman? or is it the temprement of it? but surely you can find that temprement elsewhere? its a siamese cross BSH, cant yout just buy one or the other....?

or are they different and i didnt get that? not having a go or anything at breeders/the breeds just been reading alot lately and it just crossed my mind is all!

dandysmom
30-08-2008, 04:31 PM
You left out Egyptian Maus! But I really have no answer to the question of why. I suppose each breeder started out with an idea to produce a domestic cat with the "wild" look, established a line and registered them; breed became popular enough to attract other breeders...so lots of fairly similar looking cats. Perhaps differences in temperament? Bengals are highly active; not too certain about the other breeds mentioned. Interesting question; look forward to others opinions.....

Here's a Mau, for those not familiar with it.....
http://www.cfa.org/breeds/profiles/jpgs-bob/mau.gif

Elvisisboss
30-08-2008, 04:39 PM
ooo there nice lol

just seems odd all look the same to me, but then i havent got a show eye or anything!

maybe personailtys are different?