PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread ~ Thursday

Mags
28-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Morning all..:D

Back to a wet morning again although it has stopped raining for the moment..:roll:.....it's so grey and dismal though.

Nothing much planned for today, just the usual jobs about the house.

Enjoy your day everyone..:D

yola
28-08-2008, 10:54 AM
No rain, but very misty and dull here. I have a nagging headache and feel a bit groggy today. I think a visit to my herbalist is in order during September to just 'realign' things :roll:

I have a lot of amendments to do to the FedEx book, and as I'm off tomorrow and the first 3 days of next week I need to gte through a lot to keep the client happy.

Did anyone watch the Jerry Springer 'Who do you think you are' last night? He traced his roots back to the Nazi death camps. I've read and watched a lot of stuff about this (as it's part of my history too), but for some reason it really, really upset me last night. Even OH was quite surprised at how upset I got!!

pinklizzy
28-08-2008, 12:33 PM
At home again today-well I went in but was sent straight home as apparently looked awful :roll: Difficult to relax though as I know there's lots to be done-paperwork etc which will just be piling up.
Overcast here but it's dry so far.
Lx

Mags
28-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Rest up PL, get yourself better .......the work can wait! ;)

angieh
28-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Afternoon everyone! Another grey and dismally cloudy day here too - just a patch of blue sky would be lovely.

Coo - I've just found a button on my new keyboard that makes everything larger! As my eyesight is not as good as it was (just one of many things - tempus fugit!) this is a happy accident!

Anyway - back to the post! The decorator has finished our bedroom and OH helped him put up the new curtain pole. So now we have a beautifully decorated bedroom and a curtain pole - nothing else yet until we get the call to say the carpet is ready to be laid and the curtains are in the shop ready to be picked up. Then the next phase will start ........ I will wait posting pictures until at least the carpet is down!

We are now in a position to puzzle about mantle shelf with or without corbels or fire surround for the fireplace in the lounge. I know it's really just the look of the thing, but I need to get it right, or at least to my liking and that's not terribly easy. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

So sorry to hear that you are still not feeling really well Liz. Try and take it easy - don't worry about work - you need to get yourself right.

angieh
28-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Woopee! Just heard - carpet's being laid on Monday morning!

dandysmom
28-08-2008, 04:22 PM
A really nasty day here....and very welcome, it is finally raining!! We've had only .58" of rain in August and things are terribly dry; trouble finding Leia's grass as its mostly brown! Raw East wind and only 19C; wearing sweatpants and a sweater. What a relief to finally see some rain. Did todays marketing yesterday so just slept in and caught up on some chores I've avoided, and paid bills. Leia is dozing on her thermal cushion...think she must have cold feet...

Angie: woo hoo for the carpet!
PL: take care of yourself, girl!

Have a nice day!

Kazz
28-08-2008, 04:49 PM
No rain, but very misty and dull here. I have a nagging headache and feel a bit groggy today. I think a visit to my herbalist is in order during September to just 'realign' things :roll:

I have a lot of amendments to do to the FedEx book, and as I'm off tomorrow and the first 3 days of next week I need to gte through a lot to keep the client happy.

Did anyone watch the Jerry Springer 'Who do you think you are' last night? He traced his roots back to the Nazi death camps. I've read and watched a lot of stuff about this (as it's part of my history too), but for some reason it really, really upset me last night. Even OH was quite surprised at how upset I got!!

Yes Yola I watched it and it was upsetting wasn't it I had no idea of the gas buses.....that is horrible and when the lady said "15 minutes to be unconcious - 20 minutes or so to die"....thast terrible you could imagine the screaming/panic etc etc when she said it as you looked at the old buses...and the fact what about the drivers how could you do that drive around in a bus with 80+people in the back.....being gassed............... heartbreaking.

Kazz
28-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Hiy all been t work now home weather not bad had lunch out at "subway today".....a special treat to me and Morag...from work.

PoshPuss
28-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Yola wrote ....

............ Me to Yola. I was very moved by the programme. It hurt me so much to hear him sobbing quietly at the wall where the railway station was. It's not a part of my family history but I still cannot fathom how such a terrible course of events could have happened in the 20th century in the 'civilised' West.

Busy days here again folks; babies galore :-D Seems to be a bias towards girls at the mo.

Kazz
28-08-2008, 05:38 PM
What worried me well maybe concerned me more was all that was going on other countries around did not respond to the desperation of the Jewish people in Germany and around and open their doors....borders they kept the same strict rules on numbers they had....the programme last night(which confirmed it) said England opened its doors adn took in thousands before the borders closed - I was aware of this due to a good friend of mine whose grandparents came into England the same way....as Stringers....Rachels' grandfather came in as an unacompained child aged 15 with his younger brother......his parents adn older sisters were killed in the gas chambers his older brother survived and moved to Israel. Rachels grandmother came in with her parents...... even when we were at school her grandmother used to say.....the channel is what saved us....reminded me of what Jerry Springer said his Dad used to say,

angieh
28-08-2008, 07:39 PM
I intend to watch this programme on iPlayer. I am prepared with tissues. A terrible part of human history - not that I am an historian, but probably one of the worst.

On a lighter note - WOOPEEEEEEE - my car passed it's MOT much to my surprise - all it needed was a new windscreen wiper!