PDA

View Full Version : Silky Fur!

angieh
27-08-2008, 01:08 PM
I was interested to read about using Bach's herbal remedies for cats in the thread about Eva and the Reiki Master and thought I would try a bit of Rescue Remedy on Merlin.

He has had trouble with fleas, has been to the vet and was on steroids for a week as the vet thought he didn't actually have any fleas on him put had reacted to having them. (I am still dubious about this diagnosis!)

Anyway, he is still scratching, mostly at night and seemed a bit stressed, so I put one drop of RR on my hand and rubbed a bit in each ear. I did that morning and evening about three days ago - the following morning, Merlin's fur was silky, which I consider as being a sign that he is relaxed. I then did not apply the RR for a couple of days and his fur went back to "normal". Last night, I put it on again and this morning his fur is silky again. I think that's proof that he has responded to the RR!

meep
27-08-2008, 01:15 PM
That's great new Angie! I really do like Rescue Remedy (for myself, never tried it on my boys) but do believe it works, and can also work for pets.

I didn't know it could be used topically but there's no reason why not! My mum used to give it to our hens orally if they went off the lay or were spooked by a fox, and it always brought them back to normal :)

Yey for Merlin and his silky fur!

yola
27-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I've had a bottle of rescue remedy lying around the house from the days when I thought I'd need it when going through labour (than heaven for epidurals). Not actually tried it! Might have a go with mine, especially Balie who has always been scared of his own shadow!

angieh
27-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Give it a try - I'd be interested to know if you think it works for Balie, Yola.

dandysmom
27-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Very interesting, Angie! I've never tried it, but will keep it in mind.....