PDA

View Full Version : Violent @ Cat

lynda1980
22-08-2008, 01:32 PM
I am looking for advice how to calm my cat down when i take her to the vets.

Took her last night for her yearly booster and she spat, hissed, scratched and bite me, my partner and even the vet.

Just wanting to know if there is something i can do to calm her down as quite embarrassing when she acts like this.

Don't want to leave her over night just for a jag.

HELP!!!!!

lisa0307
22-08-2008, 01:48 PM
:D Welcome to the forum :D

lynda1980
22-08-2008, 02:51 PM
:D Welcome to the forum :D
Thanks for the welcome.

Elaine
22-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I have a cat just the same as yours, she gets very stressed and lashes out.
I have in the past tried things such as rescue remedy and feliway but none of these had much effect with her, they may have a better effect with your cat though.
I am currently a blend of other bach flower remedies combined with Reiki, we are begining to see some improvements with her but i haven't as yet had to take her back to the vet for anything.
My vet also gave me Zylkene capsules, have only started those today so cannt comment as to whether they work or not as yet.
Did your vet make any suggestions?

lynda1980
22-08-2008, 03:41 PM
No, vet never suggested anything. I think she just wanted Gizmo out as soon as she could. The needle even broke off which we had to try and get out but she wouldn't let any one near her. I think i'll try a rescue remedy. Thanks for the advice

Steph
22-08-2008, 09:43 PM
I often wondered if vets thought I was a `good` owner-the late Parsley used to react in anothe rway-he went `thin` and sometimes lost control.

Time,getting to know the vet and putting something that reminded him of `home` helped a bit..

But vets-well good ones understand that not every cat is easy when away from home-