PDA

View Full Version : Murphys blindness...

Moli
21-08-2008, 07:55 PM
He was in for a dental this week, I asked the vet to look at his eyes while he was under, and she is sure his blindness is the result of an injury, that was not treated at the time!:mad:

angieh
21-08-2008, 08:11 PM
That's truly dreadful Moli - he's so lovely - how could anyone ignore such a thing and let the poor boy suffer so?

Moli
21-08-2008, 08:13 PM
That's truly dreadful Moli - he's so lovely - how could anyone ignore such a thing and let the poor boy suffer so?
What makes it worse Angie is the thought someone did it....hit him on the head or such like...:mad: How else could a cat injure both eyes???

angieh
21-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Oh no - I hadn't considered that some person had actually caused the "accident". That's extra vile.

Moli
21-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Oh no - I hadn't considered that some person had actually caused the "accident". That's extra vile.
The vet seems to think thats what has happened..maybe someone has hit him in the face, or on the head...I would love to meet his previous owners, would be done for murder!!!:twisted:

pinklizzy
21-08-2008, 08:31 PM
How awful, poor Murphy! Unfortunately after some of the things I've seen I can well believe it :twisted:

dandysmom
21-08-2008, 08:43 PM
That's utterly despicable! How I hope whoever did such a thing will get his/hers someday...and soon!

Moli
21-08-2008, 08:43 PM
How awful, poor Murphy! Unfortunately after some of the things I've seen I can well believe it :twisted:
Have you any idea PL what kind of injury could cause his blindness.....???

pinklizzy
21-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Have you any idea PL what kind of injury could cause his blindness.....???
Retinal avulsion (where the retina is forcefully detached from the back of the eye) can be caused by any kind of trauma-most commonly something like an RTA but it could also be caused by purposeful head trauma. I've seen it caused by a kick to the head :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Moli
21-08-2008, 09:01 PM
How can anyone hurt a defenceless animal.....

alexgirl73
21-08-2008, 09:11 PM
poor, poor boy. I dread to think of what he has gone through, and am so thankful he is where is he is now. And I know that you will make sure he finds the very best of forever homes.

dandysmom
21-08-2008, 09:30 PM
How can anyone hurt a defenceless animal.....

I hope there's a special place in Hell for people like that ........and child abusers .....

angieh
21-08-2008, 09:40 PM
It seems Eileen that child and animal abusers are the same people a lot of the time.

Poor little Murphy - my heart goes out to him. Please give him a special cuddle from me tonight Moli!

calismum
21-08-2008, 11:27 PM
At least he now has a stable, loving and safe home. DOn't know what else to say - my blood boils.

CM

meep
22-08-2008, 09:44 AM
A kick in the head!! That makes me almost cry thinking about it; who could do that?!

So sorry to hear about the vets speculations on Murphy's blindness :( He is so lucky to have found you, and I'm sure you'll get in a wonderfully loving home and truly caring owners.