PDA

View Full Version : procedure tomorrow

Tink
18-08-2008, 01:13 AM
cryogenic therapy (freezing of tissue) on my cervix tomorrow to try to remove the precancer cells (dysplasia). was level one two years ago. now level two. i keep testing positive and my family history is bad so they are going to do this instead of waiting. i'm not too worried about cancer because you have to get up to level four before surgery is recommended. i'm just scared it will hurt. my OH can't get off work so i'm going alone.

my mom had numerous procedures like this when i was a teenager. croygenic was not popular back then so she had numerous LEEP procedures. she eventually got a hysterectomy because the cancer was going to spread.

joy. *sarcasm*

i hate this.
i'm nervous.

dandysmom
18-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Oh Tink! Hope all goes well for the proceedure and that it's not too painful....wish I could go with you; not nice being alone...:(; will be thinking of you...

Donna
18-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Wishing you all the best for this .. its not nice but will be over quickly hopefully x

angieh
18-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Thinking of you Tink - trust all will go well.

calismum
18-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Thought are with you Tink. Hope it is not too unpleasant and this process sees an end to it.

Please let us know how things go.

Kim
18-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Thinking of you Tink. Procedure probably sounds worse than it is. I hope all goes well.

alexgirl73
18-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Thinking of you Tink ((hugs))

pinklizzy
18-08-2008, 07:23 PM
I hope it all goes well for you Tink, will be thinking of you.xxxx

meep
21-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I hope it goes ok Tink! Doesn't sound like a nice experience, and going alone can't be fun, but you'll have all your furbabes and OH to come home to, to make you feel bettter :)

yola
21-08-2008, 02:34 PM
How are you doing Tink?

I had this scare several years ago; they didn't do freezing instead they did a loop cone biopsy which essentially burnt the tissue out with a red-hot wire (sorry for the graphic detail) :shock: It didn't hurt but it ranks amongst one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

I hope they can confidently remove all the cells that are abnormal and that this will no longer be a problem for you in the future. Lots of hugs.

farthing
21-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Hope you are doing OK, thinking of you.

HappyKatz
21-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Hope everything went well for you Tink - ((hugs)) for you :)

dandysmom
21-08-2008, 08:01 PM
How are you, Tink?

Tink
23-08-2008, 02:10 AM
How are you doing Tink?

I had this scare several years ago; they didn't do freezing instead they did a loop cone biopsy which essentially burnt the tissue out with a red-hot wire (sorry for the graphic detail) :shock: It didn't hurt but it ranks amongst one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

I hope they can confidently remove all the cells that are abnormal and that this will no longer be a problem for you in the future. Lots of hugs.

was it called a LEEP? my mom had about ten of those before she finally got approved for a hysterectomy. she also said it was just the worst thing ever.

Tink
23-08-2008, 02:14 AM
sorry all, the day of the procedure my computer died.
procedure in itself didn't hurt. the cramping did. it hurt to bend over or lift anything that would stiffen my stomach area at all (uterus contracting).
strange thing is the tissue is supposed to um..."leave me" *sorry, kinda gross, didn't know how to word it* and well...nothing's happened yet. i just found that odd because she warned me how it might look bloody and then nothing. hmm..maybe it happens later for some people? i don't know..
thanks for the wishes/thoughts. i did alright. i just hated going to two more appointments after for testing on other issues. was not really in the mood, just wanted to curl up on the couch.

Grete
23-08-2008, 07:25 AM
*hugs* Tink, awful stuff to have to go through :( Give yourself some kudos tho, you DID do it even tho you really didn't want to and sometimes it's far easier to bury your head in the sand and you didn't :)

**Sorry guys, look away**
The Uterus cramping thing is just awful when you go from nothing to the worst period pains *ever* in 5 seconds flat. I had that when I had to have a hormone coil (IUD) put in to treat PCOS and having never had kids *OUCH*.
**ok you can look again now guys** ;)

You did great Tink :) *hugs*

calismum
23-08-2008, 08:28 AM
poor you - hope things are a bit better now and the dreded cramping has worn off a bit.

dandysmom
23-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Wow, quite an experience; so glad it's over! Well done for going thru with it when you didn't want to.....hope you're feeling much better today.

angieh
23-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Yes well done Tink! You are a brave woman.

Kim
23-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Well done Tink - you did really well. :)

Tink
24-08-2008, 09:36 PM
thank you :-)
the cramping went away not too long after, maybe a day and a half?..still NOTHING to show for all that though, if you know what i mean..what the heck is it doing? waiting for an invitation? LOL...all that fuss and it's just sitting in there i guess! :-)

dandysmom
24-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Should it be doing that, Tink? Maybe you'd better check with the doctor of no discharge yet.......

Tink
25-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Should it be doing that, Tink? Maybe you'd better check with the doctor of no discharge yet.......

think i might call her nurse in the morning and ask. i had a regular doctors appointment yesterday and brought it up and she said she's not sure as she's not an OB/GYN.
kinda weird, right?
i have a recheck on sept. 17th to make sure it healed but i should probably ask now. i would think dead tissue that is frozen off is supposed to go somewhere..this sounds so weird to say but she said "once it thawed out" it would leave (never imagined me "thawing out", had to giggle)kinda gross to imagine something dead just kind of hanging around:shock:

dandysmom
25-08-2008, 02:33 AM
I think you should check with the nurse. Surprised your doctor didn't follow up on it for you...oh, the health system here!! At the risk of being a bit gross, there is some dead tissue there that might putrefy and needs to be expelled!!! I'm not medically trained in any way but I don't like the sound of that......

Tink
25-08-2008, 06:23 AM
I think you should check with the nurse. Surprised your doctor didn't follow up on it for you...oh, the health system here!! At the risk of being a bit gross, there is some dead tissue there that might putrefy and needs to be expelled!!! I'm not medically trained in any way but I don't like the sound of that......

i was thinking the same;)

P.S. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:roll:

calismum
25-08-2008, 10:15 PM
please get it checked out Tink. It may be quite usual for it to take a while, just wish they would explain these thing to save you worrying.

Keep us posted

CM

Tink
19-09-2008, 12:33 AM
update:
well i went for my follow up yesterday to see if all healed right.
the doctor asked about my symptoms after and was astonished when i said nothing happened except for the cramping and nothing had passed.
she went to take a look and after a second or two looked up at me and said "well, this is one for the books".
i replied "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?":shock:
she went on how interesting and amazing it was...
again my face was like this:shock: and i was holding my breath.
apparently i am the only case she has ever had that has healed so beautifully! *sighs...*
and that has had NO aftermath...
she said i must be a "master of healing" and there is only one percent of people that react this way. then again mentioned "it's one for the books" and my face went green at the thought of being in a book..LOL.
anyway, all is well and we will check again in march to see if there is anymore dysplasia. she said she is so surprised b/c she didn't tell me at the time but she froze it, thawed it, then froze it again so in effect did two treatments in one sitting a month ago.
did she really have to scare me to death taking forever to elaborate?
she is quite eccentric but she really worried me!
my OH keeps joking i have magical powers:roll: ;)

calismum
19-09-2008, 12:38 AM
That sounds v positive Tink. I hope the next check shows all well. Pleased for you.

CM

dandysmom
19-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Surprising but excellent news! Don't worry about being in a medical journal; am pretty sure they can't identify you without your permission!

Grete
19-09-2008, 10:04 AM
How nice being a beautiful healer tho ;) Glad everything is OK!

Mags
19-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Excellent news Tink, I'm pleased it's all worked well for you..:D