PDA

View Full Version : New additions

pinklizzy
17-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Just a couple of pics of my newest additions. I've been busy cycling my tank for the last few weeks and today was the day we collected the new inhabitants.
They're still just getting used to their new surroundings.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/P8170417.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/P8170413.jpg

dandysmom
17-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Woo hoo, I posted my guess it was fish on the Daily Thread before I saw this! What a lovely looking tank you have! That should give Imogen lots of "live TV" to watch!

pinklizzy
17-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks DM! Yes, I'm sure she'll love it, she was really interested in the tank when it was empty so they'll be even more fun to watch. We're keeping her out of the kitchen, where the tank is, at the moment to let them settle in.

angieh
17-08-2008, 08:08 PM
What pretty fishies! Has Imogen shown any interest in them yet? Do you know their gender?

dandysmom
17-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks DM! Yes, I'm sure she'll love it, she was really interested in the tank when it was empty so they'll be even more fun to watch. We're keeping her out of the kitchen, where the tank is, at the moment to let them settle in.

It will be the fishy equivalent of "I tawt I taw a puddy tat" soon.......:-D

pinklizzy
17-08-2008, 08:19 PM
What pretty fishies! Has Imogen shown any interest in them yet? Do you know their gender?

I'm afraid I don't know what sex they are! :oops: I think they need to reach 'breeding age' which is about a year before you can sex them?

angieh
18-08-2008, 11:52 AM
I am no fish expert I'm afraid Liz! I do find them most relaxing to watch however. I remember when I was a child there was a big tank in my dentist's waiting room. Really an excellent place to have something so calming!

calismum
18-08-2008, 02:37 PM
lovely marked goldfish. I have 5 g/fish, a shubunkin, 6 white cloud minnows and 2 algae eaters.

Alfie firmly believes their tank is for his own personal amusement. He creeps up on them and pounces at the tank smacking it with his paws.

Of course as soon as he realises we're watching he sits down and cleans himself to prove he had no intention of trying to walk through the glass.

Also known to lie on the hood when the light is on to get the heat.

CM

dandysmom
18-08-2008, 04:05 PM
lovely marked goldfish. I have 5 g/fish, a shubunkin, 6 white cloud minnows and 2 algae eaters.

Alfie firmly believes their tank is for his own personal amusement. He creeps up on them and pounces at the tank smacking it with his paws.

Of course as soon as he realises we're watching he sits down and cleans himself to prove he had no intention of trying to walk through the glass.

Also known to lie on the hood when the light is on to get the heat.

CM

:-D Typical cat displacement action! Have you read "The Silent Miaow"?

alexgirl73
18-08-2008, 07:13 PM
We have a large tropical tank in our living room. Our 3 have been known to sit for hours watching their fishy friends ie next meal lol!!

calismum
18-08-2008, 07:58 PM
:-D Typical cat displacement action! Have you read "The Silent Miaow"?

No - never heard of it - is it a good read (ie is it either amusing or informative and won't make me cry!!)

dandysmom
18-08-2008, 09:14 PM
A good read indeed, a classic! I've PMd you with a link.

angieh
18-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I recommend it too calismum - although I can't promise it won't make you cry!

calismum
18-08-2008, 10:30 PM
going to try local library tomorrow - if not then amazon as It's out of print

angieh
19-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Amazon do have it - I checked yesterday. But it's through some of their associates - various choices.