PDA

View Full Version : question from a friend reguarding her kitten!

Elvisisboss
15-08-2008, 01:42 PM
hiya i bought my kitten 2 weeks ago and she has been fine, but this week she looked ill so i took her to the vets, he said she had ear mites & a bad tum and said it must be the breeders fault and to contact them. but i bought her 2 weeks ago and she has been fine up until now? so is it anything to do with the breeder? thanks

smudgley
15-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes, because she has probably had the ear mites for a long time.

Elvisisboss
15-08-2008, 01:58 PM
thanks i will tell her!

LorrH
16-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Just to say that Advocate flea/many types of worm/ear mite treatment is absolutely brill. needs to be put on at the back of the head/neck where they can't lick it off as it can make them sick, there are different types for age/weight of cat and can only be bought on prescription.

dandysmom
16-08-2008, 04:38 PM
A reputable breeder should have noticed ear mites!! She should definitely be contacted. And is the kitten on the same food she had previously, or have you recently changed her food? That could explain the bad tummy; or could she have possibly eaten something that disagreed with her? She doesn't go outside at that young age, does she?

Elvisisboss
17-08-2008, 01:20 PM
hiya just spoke to my mate she contacted the breeder who said none of the other kittens or mum or dad or the dogs she had has mites.

the vet told her that the kitten must have got it from the mum even though she has owned it for 2 weeks and it has been fine up until then she has another kitten but that one has not got mites!

the vet didnt notice the mites when she took her to the vet the week before either though as she was fine, she said they havent been outside so i do not know really!

i do not knowe qbout the food i did not ask, i said it could be if she changed it too quick.

she said the kittens on the mend now from the stuff the vets gave her though!