PDA

View Full Version : My cat acts more like a dog

Annette
14-08-2008, 07:10 PM
I did post on this site around Christmas time after losing both of my cats last year unexpectadely.

I was looking at getting a kitten from a rescue centre but as it was just after Christmas kittens their were none.

I got a 4 month old kitten in January this is the first kitten I have had from a non rescue place. It reminds me of having a baby. She rampages round the place throwing things off the bookshelfs in the bedroom.
She gets hold of the toilet roll , eats bits out of letters. She would be allowed to come on our bed at night but she attacks our moving feet. She cries when she has to be left in the kitchen, and once when I was on the phone she was causing so much havoc in the bedroom she had to be put out of the room where she caused even more havoc by crying and scraping under the carpet. She will be 11 months old soon but it is lovely to see that she has no scared character like the ones you have from rescues centres. She is tortoiseshell and I have been told they cause trouble because of their colour.
Another thing she does is hide objects like pens. She my electric key the other day and I had to play hide and seek under all of my furniture thank goodness I found it I was wondering what the gas board would have said to me when I informed them that my cat had hidden my electric key.

She has brightened our lifes no end since last years tradgedy and she is a joy to have.

Phoenix
14-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Not all torties cause trouble! Beauty never has! She came from a rescue centre.

Lovely sounding kitten! Pictures please! :-D

angieh
14-08-2008, 08:41 PM
What's your kitty's name Annette? She sounds like an amazing character, and as you say, her behaviour does sound more like a dog! And yes, pictures would be really good - if you can get her to sit still!

Moli
14-08-2008, 09:26 PM
She sounds like a normal healthy kitten to me....:D

angieh
14-08-2008, 09:57 PM
She sounds like a normal healthy kitten to me....:D

Do kittens normally hide peoples' things Moli?

diskinc
23-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Jack hides toys under my bed clothes but i think that is to keep them away from his sister Lily :-)

Elvisisboss
06-09-2008, 04:34 PM
awww she sounds lovely and a bit like my kitten!! he cries when his alone & attacks the loo roll & hides thigns all over the place!!

very funny to watch though! :D

stitch_too
07-10-2008, 06:52 PM
as late as this reply is, your post made me laugh! :D

it actually makes me wonder if my own cat has hidden two of my dvds and my ipod charger!