PDA

View Full Version : Advocate Flea/Worm Treatment and Vomiting

LorrH
13-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Anyone out there had problems with their cat vomiting after eating and perhaps the problem being Advocate all-in-one treatments. Cactus is having a few episodes and a friend suggested this could be the cause and that I should try using separate flea/worm treatments. Any suggestions would be great.

Lorraine:?

Tanya
13-08-2008, 05:37 PM
I used Advocate flea treatment on my cat after discovering that Frontline didn't work. This too made him sick. However, it did get rid of the fleas.

pinklizzy
13-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Sorry to hear Catus hasn't been well. I had a look at the data sheet for Advocate and there is a mention of vomiting under 'rare side effects' :? How long ago did you apply it? Is there any chance he may have licked it?

LorrH
14-08-2008, 07:58 AM
I do not think Cactus has licked it, but yesterday evening and today she has been o.k., not sure if it's due to the Royal Canin sensitive wet vet diet I've given her, she seems more back to her old self, running around and playing, so I'm really pleased. My previous cat had no problems with the Advocate, so I'm going to keep with it, but I apply it once a month, every month as instructed by the vet and I do want to protect her as much as possible.

I'm also purchasing some hairball biscuits as that may help, it's going to have to be Royal Canin again I guess!

pinklizzy
14-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Glad she's feeling better today!