PDA

View Full Version : Spraying Since New Arrival.

Catswhiskas
12-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Argh. Right one of my male cats (all neutured) has started to spray since the arrival of the new kitten. He is doing it anywhere and everywhere and I don't know what to do. It has been suggested that I try a feliway diffuser? Any ideas?

Extremely frazzled cat mum x

Phoenix
12-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Did you keep the kitten seperate for a few days? If not the other cat/s may be picking on the kitten as well as one of them spraying.

It sounds to me like the cat who's doing the spraying is put out by the fact there's a new kitten in the household. Have you given plenty of attention to ALL cats in the household, not just the newcomer?

Feliway is the only thing I can think of and you've already said that. How old is the neutered male doing the spraying? If he's elderly it could be something to do with his bladder, not helped by a newcomer to the house.

Is he being bullied? That's the only other thing I can think of.

Catswhiskas
12-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Hiya, thanks for the reply.....Cheese has just turned 5 on August 3rd. We kept him away from Nancy for a few days and then introduced them. All the other cats are fine with her it is just Cheese that isn't. He was the baby of the house til she came along and was very happy in that roll.

We are making sure we shower him with attention, just as we did before. He is half siamese, so very sensitive and vocal. This seems to have been exaggerated since Nancy's arrival, along with the spraying. Its a nightmare, the other day he did it all over my o/h's X-Box and the sky box ARGH!

Elaine
12-08-2008, 08:39 PM
http://www.wizz-catz.co.uk/behavioural.html

Feliway may help aleiviate any stress as might some Rescue remedy, add a few drops to food, water or for better results try putting a few drops onto your fingers and rubbing it into the tips of his ears.
Cat introductions can be very stressful, some cats will tolerate while others simply wont.

Catswhiskas
12-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Ooooh just rub it into ears????!?!? Thank you for that x