PDA

View Full Version : Murphys ben to the vets...

Moli
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
I was a bit worried as he was eating very well, but very little coming out the other end, as he has already been in and unblocked thought it best to get him to the vets, also wondered of the hernia he has, had anything to do with it...
According to the vet he maybe will always have this problem, and will need katalax and cod liver oil with every meal...:( Hopfully it will keep him moving...
His teeth are not bad, its his gums he has a bad infection in, thats where the awful smell is coming from, so he is in a week Wednesday for a dental, and has AB's for 10 days, he will then go in a week later and have the hernia repaired....
Meanwhile he has gone off his food, has not eaten since lastnight, I am giving him mushed up food with a lot of liquid in it so it does not hurt his sore mouth, but he just does not want it!Going to get him some tuna today maybe that will make him eat....
He still has a snuffly nose, but its only in his nose, so not too worried about it...I am having to sprinkle the AB's on katalax and put it on his paw....
They are now saying he is 6 or 7.....so not such an old boy....
He will be with me at least another month till all this is sorted out....

angieh
12-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh dear Moli - poor Murphy. What a lot he has been through. Sorry to hear that he's not eating at the moment. It's a real worry I know. Please give him a gentle cuddle from me.

charliebubs
12-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh poor Murphy. Give him a cuddle from me too :)

kado
12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Me as well

Moli
12-08-2008, 07:08 PM
He has eaten some Tuna, not a lot, but its something, and he is drinking water too...:)

calismum
17-08-2008, 09:21 PM
If he is still not eating a tip I have used is either sardines in tomato sauce or marmite.

CM

Moli
17-08-2008, 09:22 PM
If he is still not eating a tip I have used is either sardines in tomato sauce or marmite.

CM
Thats exactly what I got him yesterday, and he has eaten the lot!!;)

dandysmom
17-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Poor boy, he's had such a lot of troubles in his life; give him a chin tickle from me, please ...

calismum
17-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Good, it so helps if you can get them to eat doesn't it?

I once had a very poorly cat and that was all I could get him to eat for a few days. Then tried to introduce some cooked shredded chicken in with the sardine.

CM

Donna
18-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Poor Murphy, I hope he keeps on eating and he can be strong for his dental x

angieh
18-08-2008, 11:40 AM
How is Murphy, Moli?