PDA

View Full Version : Mitz

Samz5
12-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I really can't believe I'm posting in this section again so soon. We lost Tango less than a month ago and now we have lost his mum too.

Mitz seemed a bit down this time last week, and stopped eating so we took her to the vet, they did some blood tests and kept her in overnight as she was a bit dehydrated, nothing really worth worrying about, took her home the next day as the test results showed nothing really wrong, just slightly raised white blood cells and her kidneys weren't perfect but nothing unusual for a 16 year old cat. They gave us some antibiotics and expected her to pick up.

She didn't really pick up, just slept a lot in the airing cupboard, only ate a few biscuits when we fed her by hand, but she was quite happy and purred a lot and seemed to enjoy all the extra fuss she was getting.
When she wasn't better by Saturday we took her back to the vet, the vet examined her again and this time found a hard mass (tumor) on/ near her liver it was the same vet who checked her on Tuesday and she said she hadn't felt it then so it must be growing very fast, she gave her a very strong anti inflammatory and vitamins and we were going to look into possible treatments on Monday depending how she reacted to the treatment, she told us to watch out for any fluid build ups in her tummy over the weekend.
So we had been keeping a very close eye on Mitz all Saturday/ Sunday and giving her lots of fuss to keep her happy.
Sunday she wasn't purring so much, and was still very quiet, She sat on the bedroom window sill and Me and my b/f just lay on our bed and watched over her for ages, then something happened that cause Mitz to yelp and looked really uncomfortable, we comforted her and told her it would be ok... but I knew then that her tumor had probably burst.
Took her back to the vet who said the tumor was huge, and she had fluid in her tummy... We had this exact same thing happen to Mitz's daughter in Dec, 2006 the tumor was even in the same place.. so we knew we had to let her go but it was so very hard for us to let Mitz go, we went through all the options with the vet but recovery was unlikely and even if she recovered from an op to remove the tumor it was highly likely she would get another... since this one appeared over a week and was so big. We had her put to sleep, she was very lady like and looked over at me and then my b/f and closed her eyes.

Mitz was a very clever cat, she could open doors and would knock on the front door if she wanted to come in, she was always top cat in our group of cats, my b/f loved her so much and she loved him too, she loved to lay on his chest and wash his nose. when Mitz was younger she was feisty and no one could stroke her without getting injured but in her last 8 years she was the complete opposite
and so loving, I could go on about her for weeks and weeks she had so much personality, i just can't believe she has gone... and we have gone from having 5 cats 3 weeks ago to having 3 cats today, the house seems so empty now and we are so sad.
Goodbye Mitz xxxxx Love you so much

Mags
12-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh Sam, I'm so, so sorry about your loss of Mitz...:cry: ... you did all you could for her and finally gave her your kindest gift, you freed her from her pain..:( (((hugs)))

Sleep well beautiful girl, no more pain .......xx

angieh
12-08-2008, 01:03 PM
I am so sad and sorry for you and your b/f Sam. RIP Mitz, beautiful girlie.

yola
12-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Sam, I'm so very sorry for your tragic loss of Mitz. You must both be heartbroken. At least she was with you and you were able to comfort her and say goodbye. Small consoliation I know . . . big hugs to you both and RIP little Mitz.

Annestaff
12-08-2008, 03:01 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss :(

Sleep tight Mitz x

kado
12-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Sleep peacefuly and run free at the bridge.

jane X

HappyKatz
12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
So sorry to hear about Mitz :smt049 Rest in Peace Precious Mitz :smt049

Moli
12-08-2008, 11:03 PM
So sorry to read of your loss....
Run free little girl...xx

Elaine
13-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Very sorry to read about your loss xxx
R.I.P. Mitz, sleep well sweetheart xxx

Samz5
13-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Thank you for your kind replies, we are trying very hard to pick ourselves up, losing 2 so close together has made it really difficult, I feel absolutely gutted. We've been spoiling the other three cats rotten and seem to have cheered up a bit.
It only hurts this much because we love them so much.

meep
14-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Mitz, Sam (hugs) :( As others have said, it was nice that you were there with her, and I'm sure she has that as her last happy memory.

Sleep well Mitz x x x x