PDA

View Full Version : Why is my cat changing colour?

Tina
11-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi All

One of my cat's, Miw, is a quite dark tortoiseshell cat, mostly black and orange coat, and white on her chin and belly.

It's come to my attention recently that she's getting QUITE alot of white fur on her back and tops of her legs now! Is she going prematurely white???????

She is, of course, still gorgeous and will indeed age gracefully.......naturally.......but she'sonly 4 years old and I didn't expect she would be getting white hairs already!

Is this normal?

Thanks
Tina

P.S. Here's her picture;

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/tlhobbs70/Miw.jpg

meep
12-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi Tina,

I can't offer any advice on changing coat colours I'm afraid! It shouldn't be harmful for her though :)

I did just want to say that Miw is gorgeous!! She looks incredibly similar to my parents first cat, Baggins, who was mother of my first cat. Such a lovely girl :)

Kay
12-08-2008, 10:17 AM
It is perfectly normal for her to get white hairs growing through her tortie patches especially as she is a tortie and white. Leila my tortie gets white in her coat even my black, Cory, gets white growing through. Kisses my red and white bi-colour has white growing through her red patches. So don't worry.

Mags
12-08-2008, 11:37 AM
My tortie girl also has white hairs in her black patches....... as Kay has said, it is perfectly normal..:D

angieh
12-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Miw is a lovely girl - welcome to you both!

Moli
12-08-2008, 09:44 PM
My black oriental, Oliver also has white hairs growing through the black...

Phoenix
13-08-2008, 11:48 AM
My dark tortoiseshell has got some white as well. On her chest and on her tail.