PDA

View Full Version : Orijen Dry Cat Food

meep
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM
From my other thread, 'recommended dry cat food', I did some research and Orijen does really seem to be a great dry cat food. 75% meat, with no grain fillers. Lots of great reviews on the health of the cat etc.

Has anyone used this, any experience or comments? I'm very tempted to buy some!

Elaine
07-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I have used it, I am sure i had a thread about it a while back.
Mine liked it and i thought it was good value for money, sadly, with starting my new venture, I have been banned from any internet shopping until I am earning enough on a regular basis, so I have now gone onto Burns because i have local supplier.

meep
07-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks Elaine. I realised after I'd posted that I should have done a search on Orijen, I'll do that in a wee bit! Just making sure no one's cats have had upset tummies with it. I know every cats different, but just wanted to check!

(A new venture sounds fun and interesting, I work in promoting enterprise ;) )

meep
08-08-2008, 11:30 AM
I went ahead and ordered some :D

Couldn't be bothered ordering the small 400g one as if they like it I'd just have to order a bigger one and wait for it to arrive, which means waiting twice! So I went ahead and ordered their big one! Now the little b*ggers better like it :roll:

Archer
27-08-2008, 06:51 AM
I tried mine on it...they all hated it!

meep
27-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Really? Interesting.

I've gradually been mixing more and more in with their normal Go-Cat, and they seem to eat both equally. They don't only eat one or the other, which means they must tolerate it quite well. But I think if I ONLY gave them Orijen they'd get fed up, as they do seem to like a lot of variety. Eating the same thing every day would be boring anyway!

I've been giving it to them for about 2 weeks now and I have noticed their coats are a bit shinier and softer :)

Elaine
27-08-2008, 01:59 PM
My two loved it but did get fed up with it when thats all there was as their dry food. I will be buying it again but am currently trying burns.

meep
27-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I noticed that with Orijen, all the bits of dried food look the same, but with Go-Cat they're different. I know Go-Cat is generally quite junk-food-ish, and the different shaped biscuits are just more a marketing ploy, but they seem to never get bored of Go-Cat but occasionally don't touch the dry food when there's a lot of Orijen left. They do like the Orijen, and I give to Minsky as a treat occasionally which he loves (he doesn't like any other treat at all, so when Darcy is getting his it stops him feeling left out!) I currently mix Orijen with Go-Cat but am thinking of getting a better quality dry food to mix in with it, as Go-Cat isn't the best.

But I figure if they're eating half Orijen then that's half the badness of Go-Cat gone and Orijen does seem to be really wonderful food.