PDA

View Full Version : Feeding raw

Autumn
05-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi,

I've recently changed my dogs to raw feeding and I'm thinking of doing the same with my cats. I've read a few of the old posts on here and Taurine is mentioned as very important in a feline diet, how can I ensure they get adequate on a raw diet? Does anyone elso on here feed solely raw?

x

sarahd
05-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Hi
I've fed my cats on a raw diet before due to food intolerances and it made a big difference.
I used either the Prize Choice sold in the freezers at PAH, along with SA37 vitamin powders sprinkled on them. Or Yeomans which can be bought from North West Discount Pet Foods in Blackpool. You can place your order with them and they deliver free.
My coonies love the raw diet and is has really helped bulk them out.
My vet was very against this idea and told me the cat in question would be back at the vets within a week as it wouldn't make a difference to her intolerance. That was 5 weeks ago and we've not been back since.
Obviously the raw diet and vitamins alone didn't do it she also had some Tree bark powders mixed in with her food.
I had the raw diet recommended to me by a big British Shorthair Breeder who feeds nothing but raw and dried and her cats are huge compared to others on the show bench of the same age.

Hope this helps.
Sarah
x

Autumn
06-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi Sarah, that's a great help, thankyou. I've got some of the prizechoice in the freezer so I'll try them on that. Where do you get the vitamins from and what is the tree bark powder for? Do you offer any dry food also? x