PDA

View Full Version : I am lost for words!!!

ellenlouise
04-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I am lost for words!!!

LABRADOODLE F1 MINIATURE PUPPIES DUE 26TH OF JULY.
DAME IS BVA HIP SCORED AND EYE TESTED.
SIRE EYE TESTED.
BOTH PARENTS ARE VERY FRIENDLY LOVING AND WELL BALANCED DOGS.
GOOD WITH OTHER DOGS AND CHILDREN.
PUPS WILL BE INSURED WORMED MICROCHIPPED WITH PUPPY PACKS.
DOODLES ARE VERY LOW SHEDDING AND EASY TO LOOK AFTER AND TRAIN.
GREAT FUN FAMILY PETS.

ellenlouise
04-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Decided to look into this further and have found out that this link is closer to home than I would have guessed.

When I lived with my parents they brought a puppy which was sold to them as a Northern inuit. When we got her home it was obvious she was not she is a GSD X Northern inuit. I've now found out that the link that I sent a few minutes ago links directly to the sire of Kia my parents dog litter cloud.

Found the website and they breed northern inuits as well as labradoodles! Cloud the male in the ex breeding stock list is the sire! I am appalled. Not only in the past have I known them to sell dogs that are not what they say they are but now they are claiming to breed labradoodles when all they are doing is crossing a poodle with a lab! Am i wrong is this what a labradoodle is?

http://www.inuits.co.uk/11.html

Kim
04-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Yes, labradoodles are labs x poodles. I know of 2 and they are absolutely gorgeous! However, I am against breeding of this sort.

dandysmom
04-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Kim's right; I too don't approve of it. And 750 pounds??!!

Moli
04-08-2008, 10:32 PM
We have a litter of Boxerdors in our paper tonight.....There are too many of these so called designer dogs being bred!!!

meep
08-08-2008, 02:16 PM
My first thought was £750 is phenomonal!

I've met a labradoodel and he was gorgeous! Kim, out of interest, why do you not approve of breeding of this sort? My friend who had the labradoodle got him specifically because she was quite allergic to dogs, didn't actually like poodles, but knows that poodle fur is non allergic, so the labradoodle gave her a proper working dog (rather than a toy, like a poodle) without the allergies.

I do agree, however, that things like puggles (beagle cross pug) are ridiculous (no matter how cute they might look). They are apprently the designer dog of the moment and in the USA sell for over $1000 :shock:

Kim
08-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi Meep, the reason I am against this sort of breeding is firstly that there are more than enough dogs in rescue centres (i know I was a volunteer in one for 7 years and it really opened my eyes!). Secondly, the people who usually breed these so called new breeds are not what I would call 'proper breeders' but in it to make £££££! I doubt health checks, hip scores, etc have been carried out on the parents and in my mind these new designer breeds are just a new fad. I can see why your friend wanted a labradoodle, such a lovely mix, I agree, but labs have lots of problems with hips, was the appropriate hip scores carried out? There are plenty of excellent dog breeds out there I just do not think there is a need to create more! ;)

meep
11-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the reply Kim, very interesting :) To be honest, I don't know much about dogs and breeding at all. I do know certain breeds have certain genetically inherent problems, but I really couldn't give any sound comments on labradoodles or my friends. I just know she got it and she was happy! I do agree that when people charge the moon for a pup that isn't a pure-breed and may not come from the most reliable background it is a total joke. And I also agree that the designer pup fad is really quite sickening. But at the same time, I think the cross breeding for new pups isn't all bad. Isn't that how we got so many of the breeds we know today? Through our ancestors breeding? Just a thought ;)